Getting a new job impossible?

• Thread starter Thread starter Buggy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 19K

Buggy

Reaction score
Went through 3 seasons with a team and got them to Serie B, promotion twice and lower mid league once, in the 4th seasons I decided I wanted to play and actually do something in the transfer window with a budget, so I quit the job, went on holiday applying for jobs, been on holiday for a year and not one decent team will offer me a position.
I'm not asking to manage Man City etc, but I don't want to manage Barnet either, anyone else find this a bit stupid and hard?

Won't know any players by time I get a job... bit disappointed about this tbh

You shouldn't leave a job if you don't have another one lined up.

I guess you'll just have to take anything you can get to try and build up your rep some more. You have only managed in lower leagues for a few seasons after all.

You shouldn't leave a job if you don't have another one lined up.

I guess you'll just have to take anything you can get to try and build up your rep some more. You have only managed in lower leagues for a few seasons after all.

You should leave your job without another one lined up because it's easier to get another 1 when the new team doesn't have to pay compensation for signing you.

I once started without job, and then went to play 3 seasons with Hereford, promoting and stabalising them in League 1. After that, I thought: "Clubs want me", so I decided to let my contract run out. After two months without no job, I was forced to accept an offer from Portuguese 2. division side Freamunde. Once again, over the course of three years, I gained promotion and stabalised them in the best Portuguese league, thinking: "Clubs want me", and then let my contract run out. Again, no avalanche of job offers. But luckily I had two years of Polish national team matches to put on my resumé too, so I finally found myself at Metalist Kharkiv, after their long lasting coach decided to retire from the game. After four years, 3 Ukranian league trophies and one Ukranian cup on my list of accomplishments, I finally found myself at a top side, Juventus. And even though I'm actually an Inter fan, I was just pleased to finally fight alnog the greatest.

So basically, it takes time and matches on your resumé to gain the big jobs. And trophies. Trophies help. But mostely it's about the number of games, and the mength of success in them.

Ps. After two years at Juventus, Real Madrid called for me. And since I've been a fan of Real Madrid for as long as I can remember, I couldn't reject them. I've been there for 4 years now, and I can't see any reason to quit at the moment :)

Last edited:
I have managed tottenham for 8 years and i have won twice the capital one cup, twice the FA cup, three times the barclays premier league and the champions league and twice de the club world cup. i am actually the the 10th best manager of the world with 1877 points and i would like to all so manage a country. i have applied for france (as i am french) and they have rejected and took it for a joke... Why is that?

The job offers do come. I won the premier league twice and the fa cup 4 times. Fifth season United came calling. I turned them down, of course.

They treated it as a joke because you applied to manage one of the world's best national sides with no national team experience whatsoever. It's a completely different kettle of fish to club management.

In my last long-running save I got the England job, but only after several years with Wales and then Cameroon as stepping stones. I got those jobs because I had a growing reputation and Welsh / Cameroonian players in my club. You should get an opportunity like that eventually - if you want to manage France, take it.

They treated it as a joke because you applied to manage one of the world's best national sides with no national team experience whatsoever. It's a completely different kettle of fish to club management.
I won the world cup with Sweden. But still couldn't anyone who didn't laugh at my job applications.
That included the minnows. I was so desperate for a new job that I even applied for Egypt. They too laughed and appointed a completely unknown newgen manager instead.

The only time I've ever got job offers in FM13 was while completely unemployed.

I have been at Leeds United all my career and i'm in 2019/20 now, Won the premiership twice, FA cup three times, Capital one cup twice, Champions league twice, Charity shield and super cup twice, I was offer jobs at Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and AC Milan in my first 3 seasons, Not a single offer since but i did apply for England manager in 2018/19 and got the job they said they was honored to receive interest from me which was nice, Then i saw the state of the England squad, Not a single regen in 2018/19, Sterling and Sturridge in full internationals despite not playing a senior game for 3 whole seasons, Only Ox, Wilshere, Hart and Jones were any good along with Butland and Hughes from my Leeds team, They were just horrible so i resigned after winning the first 6 games with them, I swear it was like playing with a championship side again.

being managing a team in the argentinan divison b which is their second divison they always expect me to fight relagation and slowly reducing my budget each season but i still keep achiving high table finishes always averaging over 60 points intergating some of my youth in the team being there 4 seasons and still no team wants me my rating as a manager has gone from local to national so im close to world class so dont understand why no club in england,france spain have tried to get me yet :/

I moved from Luton to Lokomotiv Moscow after having Luton promoted to the Championsship. I applied for the job myself. I guess it's based on reputation?

Edit: I spend 2 seasons in the Championsship with Luton.

Last edited:
I think if you manage to get promoted your chances will improve. I usually got new offers when I got promoted

As the manager of Granada, I finished the first season 4th, second season 7th then got offered the Liverpool and Everton job. Rejected them both as my side was young and reaching a good point in my career. I finished the 3rd season in 3rd place when I was offered league holders Arsenals job who was ranked richest team in the world.

Took the job, and currently in December I'm about 4th in November. Not as easy without a squad you created, it will take time to merge your team into YOUR team.

being managing a team in the argentinan divison b which is their second divison they always expect me to fight relagation and slowly reducing my budget each season but i still keep achiving high table finishes always averaging over 60 points intergating some of my youth in the team being there 4 seasons and still no team wants me my rating as a manager has gone from local to national so im close to world class so dont understand why no club in england,france spain have tried to get me yet :/

Well your rep rating is national, i.e. you're mostly known among the people in your nation, Argentina. The European clubs just don't know you well enough. You'd probably have to win the Copa Libertadores a couple of times for them to notice you.

Footy Manager has always been unrealistic in terms of finding a new job..

I took charge of a top side as a sunday league reputation manager, won the Champions League, Premier League ETC, and could only get lower championship and below jobs

You need International reputation near enough for a good job

thanks annoying because I want a job in England an now I am going to struggle because my team is beginning to age and my best CB is just about to leave me :@

I think international experience is key to getting a big national job. It can be harsh at times, I applied for the France job which I got, and after two games, one a 3-0 victory, and the second a 1-0 loss, I got unceremoniously dumped by them. Qualification had already been lost by the previous manager.. Then I as a World Wide rep manager took the San Marino job played ultra defensive, got some draws, and moved the up in the world ranking by like 10, I resigned as the France job became open again and I had unfinished business, they were flattered took me up, and no we are top of qualifying, and back in the top 50 nations in the world. France were like 79th when I joined around 10 matches ago, now we are 48th.

Back