Getting a red card is awesome

Reaction score
Is this supposed to happen? The game is so much easier when you get a man sent off and so much harder when the opposition lose a man. I've gone from being battered mercilessly to dominating after my own man was sent off.

Pretty ridiculous really.

I wouldn't personally say it was unrealistic. It's very rare that a team gets dominated after having a man sent off. Taking this as an example, earlier in the season Derby had thir keeper, Frank Fielding, sent off after a minute, with Forest converting the penalty that Fielding gave away. After this, Derby completely dominated, and won the game 2-1.

I've no doubt it can happen but there is no reason why dropping from a 442 to a 432 should make you have more possession and more chances. Best example of this was against Barca in a CL semi final. I was getting crucified at the Nou Camp, 2-0 inside 20 minutes, defensive midfielder gets sent off and all of a sudden I'm getting chances, possession increases and I manage to nick a goal. It's more obvious in lower league games which is why I always play hard tackling, on the odd occasion I've gone down to 9 men it does have an impact but not massively so as you would expect.

I thought it weird enough to post here. Maybe it isn't the same for others.

If you watched Tottenham vs Chelsea when Bale scored that goal the commentators were talking about whether they would rather have the goal or the penalty with Chelsea down to 10 men and they both agreed that they would rather have the goal because with 10 men chelsea would have just put everyone behind the ball and hit spurs on the counter. I suppose it changes the dynamic of the game in the sense that it opens it up for the 11 men to chase a goal by putting men forward whereas the 10 men sit back and aim to score on the counter.

It should also be noted that when you go a player down it motivates the team to do well. Better than any manager team talk can inspire players. IT is pretty realistic in that regard. Teams that lose a player usually do their all to get back into the game

Dont forget that those examples are 1 in 10. In the other 9 games, and if the team with 10 its worst, the bif team should win easy.

If you watched Tottenham vs Chelsea when Bale scored that goal the commentators were talking about whether they would rather have the goal or the penalty with Chelsea down to 10 men and they both agreed that they would rather have the goal because with 10 men chelsea would have just put everyone behind the ball and hit spurs on the counter. I suppose it changes the dynamic of the game in the sense that it opens it up for the 11 men to chase a goal by putting men forward whereas the 10 men sit back and aim to score on the counter.

Yes I heard that, I thought he was retarded. I'd take 10 men and a penalty every day of the week.

It must be that motivation thing, motivation in this game is ridiculously overpowered.

Yes I heard that, I thought he was retarded. I'd take 10 men and a penalty every day of the week.

It must be that motivation thing, motivation in this game is ridiculously overpowered.

I kind of agree with them though. Yes their down to 10 men but you could miss the penalty and then they just get everyone behind th ball and make impossible for you to break them down.

It could potentially be because the team with the numerical advantage attacks more since they "should" win the game as they have the advantage and the team with 10 men defend more as they are a man down and catch the other team on the counter.

It could potentially be because the team with the numerical advantage attacks more since they "should" win the game as they have the advantage and the team with 10 men defend more as they are a man down and catch the other team on the counter.

This, along with the fact that the opponent stops in closing down as their players are too relaxed about it whilst lur players are given à boost to come together as à team. Its in My opinon à flaw, the weighting Of how much effect it should have along with the chance Of it actually having this effect. For the human manager, we know how to respons if our team stops doing the job when the opponent get à man sent off whilst the AI just cant.

i was palying in the south african premie ship against suundowns as supersport we are 1 - 0 up the get a man sent off in the 60th minute then suddenly they completely dominate possession and then score 3 goals to my extra 1 ..... ITS SO UNREALISTIC

When i get a player sent off, i just take a leaf off of Mancini's book. Go to 3 at the back with wing-backs.

Back