Getting out of a non negotiable release clause

• Thread starter Thread starter andyexeter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 14K

andyexeter

Reaction score
So I'm in my second season as Man Utd. Bought Memphis Depay at the beginning of last season and he now wants an improved contract.

I'm more than happy to do that as he's developed into one of the best players at the club and he's only on 72k p/w but his agent is demanding a non negotiable 90m minimum fee release clause for clubs in the champions cup.

I want to either whack the release clause right up to put clubs off or remove it from negotiations but obviously can't do that. What else can I do? Is it worth walking away from negotiations and offering an improved contract later down the line? He's still got 2.5 years left on his current deal but I don't want to annoy the player!

So I'm in my second season as Man Utd. Bought Memphis Depay at the beginning of last season and he now wants an improved contract.

I'm more than happy to do that as he's developed into one of the best players at the club and he's only on 72k p/w but his agent is demanding a non negotiable 90m minimum fee release clause for clubs in the champions cup.

I want to either whack the release clause right up to put clubs off or remove it from negotiations but obviously can't do that. What else can I do? Is it worth walking away from negotiations and offering an improved contract later down the line? He's still got 2.5 years left on his current deal but I don't want to annoy the player!

I'd walk out and then negotiate later but when depay complains about no new contract tell him to sack agent, and see if that gets him out of the picture

I walked away and Depay moaned about wanting a new contract straight away, so I told him we'll offer one then told him to sack his agent which he agreed to.

Offered him a contract and now he wants a non negotiable 92m release clause! Cheeky sod.

I've never seen a CPU controlled team offer as much as 90 million for anyone anyway mate, should be fine.

Plus with 90 million you can buy better than him. He was like 3rd/4th choice for me by about 2018. Sold him for 20 million lol

Ok cheers, when I looked at his existing contract he had a 49m release clause anyway so i'm glad its 92m now lol

On my save he's only 21 and he's just won the european golden boy award, and world player of the year ahead of Ronaldo and Messi! Unbelievable scenes

There is no way his get out clause will be reached especially if you renew his contract again in 12 months. (He may ask for another but it will be even higher.)

Back