Reaction score
I've started a season with the Levels 7 & 8 (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/edit...s-7-8-southern-northern-isthmian-leagues.html) update with Ware from the Ryman Isthmian Division 1 North.

I've always started off managing lower league teams but I never knew updates like this existed. This is as low as you can go and I'm having a hard time knowing how to get out of this league.

I've got it started as a Sunday League Player and I just wondered if anyone had any tips for getting out of the depths of England?

Really looking forward to this game though, by far the biggest challenge I've ever undertaken in the enitre series.

Great challenge, it's where I started :D. In my experience, it's very unlikely to get quality loans at this level, so forget about them for the most part. You can still request a parent club if you'd like, but I personally gave up on loans until I got the BSN/S because club reputation is so poor.

Your first priority should be to arrange reserve friendlies in Australia all year round. It's pretty annoying to set up but this is absolutely crucial and will be your club's only source of income for the next few years/leagues. I arranged one every four days and it netted me ~1 million per year, which will give you some much-needed wiggle room in regards to the transfer market/payroll later on.

Secondly, You need to spend a lot of time in the off-season/during the season scouring the transfer market for free transfers. You likely have a $0 budget so it's really your only option. Technical stats are so poor at these levels that physicality, pace, and mental stats are really the only important things to look for in a player, technicality is just a huge bonus. Here are some quality frees during the first season:

GK: Jay Lynch
DR/DL: Andrew Hawksworth, Daniel Chylaszek
DC: Adam Watson
MC: Kuami Agboh, Nicolas Bonnal, Siro Darino
AMC: Danny Murphy, Wolfgang Mair, Paul Taylor
Striker: Bryan Scott, Arriki, Wolfgang Mair, Paul Taylor
*Bolded players likely won't be available until after promotion, but they are amazing.

Now about your tactics. Honestly, anything will do as long as: A)It's not insane and B)You have quality players. I made my own 4-3-2-1 (3CM 2AMC) and used it until BSN/S. Tactically, it was probably awful but I found some really good CMs/AMCs so it didn't really matter. Above everything, make sure to get the fastest striker possible and set him as a poacher.

Overall, enjoy the experience and sense of accomplishment once you lead your LLM team to glory (H).

I started at Cheshunt - and havent lost yet in 20 games - not including the Cup games. Its so fun :)