Getting Rid of White Backgrounds (In Pictures)

*Paul*

Reaction score
Hello everyone, have you ever had a problem with stupid logos having a white background? Have you ever Googled it and never hand a solution which is so simple but so brilliant? Many people using GIMP will have the hard way to do it, which is to "Rub" the background out. However, Photoshop users can use the brilliant Magic Wand Tool and you can get rid of it in a second. So, read on and you will find out how to do it. I will include screenshots along the way while giving simple, and clear instructions. :)

1.Open up Photoshop and click on the Magic Wand Tool, it should look like this:
Where the tool is: View attachment 51139
2. Click somewhere on the background, it should go all fuzzy:
Click here: View attachment 51140
Fuzzy: View attachment 51141
3.Press the delete button on your keyboard. You are all done. So simple but so good.

Now you know how to get rid of white backgrounds, you can make logos and kits easily without fuss of file extension and backgrounds. Please note this demonstration was done on Photoshop CS2.

Thanks,
*Paul*

Last edited:
Comments and Questions always welcome, just ask and I will try and answer. It is really thanks to that video Aannddyy posted on his Photoshop Guide thread that helped me, I think it was by Dec(?). Thanks to Aannddyy :)

Last edited: