Getting sacked because of my predecessor ?!?

• Thread starter Thread starter Schukk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4K

Schukk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got sacked today, and the circumstances were so strange that I had to start a thread about it.

I started Fm 13 unemployed, waiting for the first professional team to sign me, which turned out to be Bielefeld in 3rd german division. By that time, Bielefeld was last in the league with only 5 points after 10 games. Nevertheless, the board would expect nothing less than promotion.
So I started and things were going really well. At the end of the year I managed to get a midtable position after 8 wins, 3 draws and only one loss. Meanwhile, the board told me every month that they are disappointed with my performance due to the bad league position. Furthermore, they cut my wage budget from around 65k to 45k, meaning that I was 16k above budget. They used to tell me that every month from now on, of course, even though I never signed a single player.
After winter break, I continued winning. Strangely, I had to play against top three within 2 weeks in march. I won against 1st and 2nd but lost 2-3 in a hard fought battle against the 3rd.... and got sacked! Because of bad results in the league!! By that time, I managed 12 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses, raising from 20th to 6th place with serious contact to promotion places. So what the **** did they expect?

Obviously, the board couldn't make a difference between my results and those of their first coach of the season. Although I play fm since 1999, I have never been in such a situation, so I don't really know if this could happen in early versions as well. Did something like that occur to you before you? And would you consider it a bug or only the realism of a board consisting of morrons?

I would say that's definitely a bug. But then I achieved back-to-back league trophies alongside back-to-back JPT wins with Crawley on route to the Championship, lost the first 2 league games and got sacked. Didn't play again for 6 weeks! :D

Might just be a bug, or it could just be the game in general, and the board didn't like you. Maybe its just one of them things man.. try another team and see if anything happens using the same save.

Ah reminds me of Premier Manager when I got sacked after winning the league...

And I just remembered this happened to me in FM11 (might've been FM12), I got a team in a low and saw messages threatening my place. I didn't get to be sacked though, as after a few wins I got the team within objectives, that were finish in mid table.

In today's world you would probably have been manager of Chelsea!!! lol

Not encountered it myself with my own teams, but with Oxford United picked as my favourite team in the game, I always get the updates from how they're doing whatever game I'm playing at the time. When the original manager Chris Wilder was sacked, the new manager took over and was immediately under pressure because of their poor league position, and this was as soon as he took over, after about 2 games which were a win and a draw. Definitely a flaw in the system. Club boards seem to have selective memory problems....

Back