Getting Sociedad back up!

• Thread starter Thread starter jpflfc96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

jpflfc96

Reaction score
After unsuccessful periods at Swansea, West Ham and West Brom, I find myself with no job! I resigned from all three clubs with just 1 win in 9 with West Brom, that was a 5-1 home win against Man Utd though. The season's have all finished and I sit here pondering where to go. I was laughed off by clubs such as Lille, PSG and Chelsea, and wanted to manage in a top division, but it wasn't happening.

7th July 2012

The phone rings. I haven't applied for any jobs so it was probably just a call from my mum or something. I look at it and see an unknown number appear

"Hello, Josh Feehily speaking"

"Hello, this is Joki
n Aperribay, I am the current president of Real Sociedad in Spain. After being recently relegated we have sacked our manager and have a vacancy. I know you haven't applied for the job but we feel you are the right man. Can you fly out to discuss a contract, that is if you're interested. Meet me in 3 days at the airport!"

"Thanks Mr. Aperribay. I would love to meet, see you in a few days!"

​So finally a job offer, it wasn't my mum and I'm glad it wasn't! Lets hope that I can agree personal terms and get promotion!!

Last edited:
10th July 2012

One thing I've got to get used to is the heat. At least a job will make things better. I don't know what Mr. Aperribay looks like. Ah, that's him, the one that has a placard saying Jokin Aperribay on the front, here goes!
"Mr. Aperribay, it's nice to finally meet you!"

"Call me Jokin. May I call you Josh? Anyway, it takes about 25 minutes by car, but I'm in a helicopter so it won't take too long. Hopefully you'll have a job this time tomorrow."

"Well that would be nice!"

I don't think I should mention my fear of helicopters!

12 minutes later

"So, Josh. I want this done quickly. We need a manager for pre-season, the lads are on holiday so you won't meet them for a while. My first offer is a wage of £9,750 a week for contract length of three years. How does that sound to you?"

"That's great. To be honest I just want a job!"

"Great! We'll let the press know and there'll be a press conference tomorrow, they'll talk about budgets and transfers, dodge any questions you don't want to answer but they're a friendly lot here in Spain, unlike England!!"

"Thanks Jokin. I have one signing I would like to make as I wanted to sign him when I was at West Brom. Denis Stracqualursi. He plays for Tigre in Argentina, should cost around £5m. Is this ok?"

"Yes sure! I'll get on the phone to Tigre straight away, we'll announce it at the conference tomorrow."

​"Thanks."

My next thing to do is find a house. I'm staying in a hotel at the moment and I need a house. I also need to prepare for the press-conference tomorrow. Aaaah!

They have produced some very good regens on my save, good luck!

"He're we welcome our new manager of Real Sociedad, Josh Feehily. He's pretty tired so we're limiting it to just 4 questions today, so make them good."

"Hello Josh and congratulations on getting the job. You were only out of football management for a couple of months. Are you glad to get back into it?"

"I'm delighted. It's a great club and Jokin is a real nice guy. I feel that we both have the same ambitions for the club and I didn't need any thinking time in accepting the job."

"Having being relegated last season, do you think you can get Real Sociedad back into La Liga at the first time of asking?"

"I certainly do. The facilities and the players are fantastic and the setup is perfect for a return to La Liga. The financial support is great as well. So yes, we will go up."

"On the subject of finances. Will there be signings?"

"Of course. I am not just building a squad of players to get us promoted, I'm building a squad good enough to stay in La Liga. The squad doesn't need much altering but there will be some movement. We are close to signing one player so that could happen in the next few days. Final question!"

"Will people have to leave to free up some funds, will it be key players that leave?"

"Players will have to leave and some of our key ones see themselves playing at different levels, so I would like to keep players like Prieto, Griezmann and Bravo. Ok, thanks for the support, I'm sure I'll speak to you lot soon!!"

Glad to finish that, now some sleep, the lads are returning tomorrow and need to finalise the Stracqualursi deal! *yawns*

Real Sociedad snap up Stracqualursi

Real Sociedad today confirmed the signing of Tigre forward Denis Stracqualursi for a fee of around £5m. The Argentinian forward, who spent last season on loan at Everton last season, netted 13 times in 34 Premier League appearances 21 of which were starts. He has signed a contract until 2016 rumoured to be worth £13,000 a week, to become one of Real Sociedad's highest paid players. Josh Feehily, who personally selected Stracqualursi, was very happy:

"I am delighted at the signing. He was our number one target and we've got him so I'm thrilled. Since the lads got back they've trained really well and have gelled. I am sure we can go up and signings are likely."

It's been a busy month and we're a few weeks until the start of the season! There have been a lot of ins and outs, but in my eyes, money well spent!

IN:
Alberto Bueno (Valladolid) £475k
Denis Stracqualursi (Tigre) £5m
Thorgan Hazard (Lens) Loan £300k
Junior (Everton) Free
Marcos Fernandez (Colon) Loan (TERMINATED: INJURY)
Gonzalo Castellani (Villarreal "B") £900k

OUT:

Liassine Cadamuro (Guingamp) Loan fee £60k
Jeffrey Sarpong (Celtic) £350k
Alexander Buttner (Getafe) Loan fee £110k
Alberto De la Belle (Osasuna) £425k
Joseba Llorente (Almeria) £1.9m
David Zurutuza (Celta) £4m
Jon Gaztanaga (Real Union) Loan

Net spend of around £2m so that isn't too bad. Got Barcelona "B" at home first game of the season, looking forward to it.

Real Sociedad 7-0 Barcelona "B" Griezmann (3), Prieto (2), Stracqualursi (2)
View attachment 239524This was a really good game in which three of my main players shone throughout. I am very lucky to have kept Antoine Griezmann, he scored a hat-trick and assisted three times. One of his goals was a belter from 25 yards into the top corner. He passed well and his crossing was fantastic, one of his crosses was tapped in by Stracqualursi. Xabi Prieto, who I had made captain played well, scoring a header and a penalty whilst Stracqualursi's other goal was a 5 yard header. Barcelona "B" only had one really good chance, but Tello headed straight at Bravo. If I play like this against Cordoba away, I should win 4 or 5-0!

Man of the Match: Antoine Griezmann

Last edited:
Is anyone following this? If not I'll stop as it's wasting my time

Back