matthewauck93

Reaction score
Season 22/23 and I sent one of my scouts to Brazil in search of talent. He sent me back an 18 year old ST with a current 1 and 1/2 star with the potential to be five stars. It took me a package that could reach £30m to get him but I'm certain it will pay off.

My chief scout has told me he has the potential to better than Dybala by a considerable amount, this excited me!

I usually just get my older/better players to tutor youngsters with potential, set training, loan them out etc etc but I wondered what else (if anything) other people do to maximise the potential?

I only really tutor if the tutee has less determination than the tutor.

I keep the WK in my main squad, make available for U23s 90mins. Use him as much as possible for first team, make sure if you sub him on that he gets at least 15 mins game time. I usually sub on at around 60 mins and let them start easier games.

Phased in two English strikers to my Man Utd first team like this, both full starters now, one is 19 and had 30 odd goals 20 odd asists and the other is 21 with 30 odd goals and 10+ assists this season. Getting them to both learn to play one twos now :)

Yeah I have made him available for my under 20's. I never really phase WK's in to the first team like that for a while so thanks for the info mate!

I give him his first start in the first leg of the Italian League Cup semi final (No pressure! His stats suggested he could handle it) and he scored after 13 seconds (new Italian League Cup record haha!) and got one assist!

Yeah I have made him available for my under 20's. I never really phase WK's in to the first team like that for a while so thanks for the info mate!

I give him his first start in the first leg of the Italian League Cup semi final (No pressure! His stats suggested he could handle it) and he scored after 13 seconds (new Italian League Cup record haha!) and got one assist!

Weirdly one of the wonderkids I mentioned before started in a cup game for me.....and scored in 13 seconds to make a record!

I usually do the similar to Average Joe

I will check to see what determination, work rate and teamwork are. If they are low I will get a tutor to improve them.

I keep them in my youth team until they are 18 and then phase them into easier games.

If I can't get them into many games I will look to loan them, but if they go on loan they need to go to a good team where they have decent facilities. If the training facilities are **** then there is no point as they would develop better at your (presumably) mighty training facility.