getting through seasons..

• Thread starter Thread starter liamshaw9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

liamshaw9

Reaction score
i dont know about anybody else, but i can never stick to playing one game and lose interest, for example i just did the treble with tottenhem, yet i find myself bored of it, i won the league with Juve, and i got bored after a year.. can somebody please enlighten me on a team that will not bore me, or some sort of challenge!!!

Take an "ex-big-club" from Eastern Europe back to the top in the shortest amount of time possible,Red Star Belgrade,Partizan,CSKA Sofia,Levski and many more..or go to lower leagues and really test your skills,anybody can win everything with Tottenham and Juventus :)

Isn't it obvious? Stop managing established teams and start with smaller ones. Or with "older" teams that are in need of a rebuilding process (for instance milan where half the team retires after 2 seasons).

Take an "ex-big-club" from Eastern Europe back to the top in the shortest amount of time possible,Red Star Belgrade,Partizan,CSKA Sofia,Levski and many more..or go to lower leagues and really test your skills,anybody can win everything with Tottenham and Juventus :)

Or teams like Hertha BSC, Leeds United. Check some of the former Champions League finalists, who are not good nowadays, and try to get them back to the top.

Athletic Bilbao. Can only sign Basque players.

On your current saves set individual targets. For example on my Man Utd save I set myself a target of getting Rooney to break Bobby Charlton's goalscoring record. I'm now aiming to get someone like De Gea to break Giggs all-time appearance record. Also aiming to overtake Real Madrid's CL record.

To add to my previous point, I get real into teams around my 3rd or so season. By then it is almost completely "my" team. So their success and failure is based around the talent I brought in myself. By the time you get to a 1st division with your own team, and that underdog of a striker you picked a few seasons back, who other teams didn't give a chance, is battling against the likes of Messi and the bunch for most goals in Europe, it's pretty special.

Yeah,should have posted those clubs to but i was more focused on Eastern Clubs because they lack facilities,not many good players want to join them untill you get a better reputation,they don't have money etc :)

Maybe you should try managing teams from bigger/more important cities, or some fallen giants. Here's a list:
Leeds United
AFC Wimbledon
Mönchengladbach
Hertha BSC
Eintracht/FSV Frankfurt
Dynamo Dresden
1860 München
RasenBall Leipzig(if Regionalliga is availible by default)
Estoril
Juventude(Brazil)
Sparta Rotterdam
FC Den Bosch
FC Eindhoven
AS Monaco
Paris FC
AS Cannes
Toledo
Jerez CF
FC Torino
Pisa
Monza

Obviously there are a lot more, but these are only some example from the top divisions. Enjoy!

or even better than all the above
START UNEMPLOYED

or even better than all the above
START UNEMPLOYED

This makes for a really fun game, I agree.

Another option is, if you really do need to start with a big team, buy young players and sell/release lots of older players. (For instance, if I was managing chelsea, right from the beginning, I would sell/mutually terminate Drogba's, Anelka's, etc. contracts and replace them with players like Erick Torres or Carlos Fierro (both of which have great potential and play for Chivas). There is few more satisfying FM experiences than taking a nobody like Erick Torres who has loads of potential, introducing him to the EPL and watching him light it up. Just buy a ton of good, young players and make a dynasty, much like Sir Alex did with 'Fergie's Fledglings'.

My advice would be to stick with a save for at least 3 seasons. Once you are in your 3rd/4th season, it gets REALLY fun. You, more than ever, begin to feel like a real coach, because you have to scout guys you have never heard of or seen before. Regens make the game amazing fun. Some guys have amazing potential.

At the beginning of games, even if you find or buy wonderkids, it feels like you personally will never find the next Messi or Ronaldo because in real life if the player had that much potential, everyone would practically know about him already (like Eden Hazard). But with regens, you truly can find the next Lionel Messi.

Last edited:
With a sunday league rep =-) Also, what about sheff wed, derby and nottingham forest? LLM ia the way to go imo
If only I could land a coaching job with automatic rep. Maybe I'm just loading the wrong leagues?

Got a job with Plymouth with automatic experience. But I'm guessing things are that bad IRL they'll take on anyone lol

It seems u can only get jobs in bsn/bss with sunday league rep, as well as korea, indonesia and probably the bottom divisions of other countries. you'll still get turned down for some jobs, but u should get 1. i got dover for example.

ive just got into my 9th season,
with radcliffe borough!..so with dedication and some good patience,
if you find the right team you should shoot throught some seasons!

Back