Gianluigi Buffon - New Man In Charge

Reaction score
View attachment 256954

View attachment 256955

Sky Sports News understand that Juventus Goalkeeper has been named the new Juventus Manager after Antonio Conte quit his post at the club. The 34-year-old was the number 1 Goalkeeper at Juventus for 11 years, so some might say no-one knows the club better than him. Buffon has also announced that he will retire from football, putting an end to all rumours that he was going to become Player/Manager.

Gianluigi Buffon is considered to be one of Juventus' all time greats, particulaly when he made the decision to stay at the club despite them being relegated to Serie B a few years back. Buffon is yet to have held his first press conference as boss, but the fans and players alike will be intrigued with what he has to offer with 'The Old Lady'.

View attachment 256957

View attachment 256968

Gianluigi Buffon faced the media for the first time since becoming the new manager of Juventus. He was faced with a variety of questions, but tried to be as clear and open as he can about what he wants to achieve.

"So Gianluigi, you sit has the new manager of the club you've been playing for since 2001. How are you feeling right now?"
"I am absolutely delighted that I am sitting here as the new manager of this great club. When I was a boy, I always dreamt of becoming a goalkeeper. When I became a goalkeeper, I knew management would be what I wanted to do when I retired. Juventus are the club I've spent the majority of my life was. I now hope I can help them achieve as much as possible."

"Very often, a new manager comes in and makes a lot of changes, more so to his coaching staff than anything. Will you bring in your own people, or will you stick with who is that the club currently?"
I have known the current staff here for a while now, so I doubt I will bring in anybody new. Sometimes, It's best for the players to carry on being coached by the same people, rather than them being coached by someone different, especially when a new manager arrives. Change is Good. But not too much of it.

"Will we see any new players here at Juventus?"

Obviously, there are a couple of positions that we need strengthening, most notably the Goalkeeper position. I have a variety of targets in mind, but nothing is formal as of yet. We also are wanting a defender, but again, there a variety of players, and nothing is formal.

"Ok, And finally, alot of the fans want to know who the captain will be under your reign as manager"

Andrea Pirlo will 100% be captain next season. He is a great leader. He will be our most important player this season.

Will have to cancel this as I forgot to put all of the good players out of Cambridge Utd. Will try and think of another series to do soon

Back