Gibbs injury fear for boss Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 852

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger fears defender Kieran Gibbs has suffered another metatarsal injury after he hobbled out of their win over Tottenham.

More...

That's not good news if this is true. He suffered a set back last year and, if he wants to progress and proceed to be the prospect he's believed to be in the future, he really needs this to not be as bad. It didn't seem bad at the time, but anything's possible.

hope hes ok great prospect but he isen't first choice so Arsenal won't miss much.

Ugh, brilliant... I hoped this season would be injury free for Gibbs so he could develop as a player - looks very good when he plays.

hope hes ok great prospect but he isen't first choice so Arsenal won't miss much.

I know of a few Arsenal fans who would prefer Gibbs ahead of Clichy in the starting XI at the moment, actually.

Good news for Arsenal fans.

Gibbs' foot injury is only short-term

The Club is happy to confirm that following last night’s Carling Cup Third Round match at Tottenham Hotspur, a scan to Kieran Gibbs’ foot has shown there is no fracture.

Kieran has suffered severe bruising to his left foot and will hopefully only be missing from first-team action for the short term.

Arsenal.com

Good news for Arsenal fans.

Gibbs' foot injury is only short-term

The Club is happy to confirm that following last night’s Carling Cup Third Round match at Tottenham Hotspur, a scan to Kieran Gibbs’ foot has shown there is no fracture.

Kieran has suffered severe bruising to his left foot and will hopefully only be missing from first-team action for the short term.

Arsenal.com

:D phew great player had a great last night

hopefully he gets better soon his a great player and englands future number 1 left back

I love watching Kieran Gibbs tbh.

His adventurous play down the left hand side, as a fullback, not to mention that his work rate is great for someone his age, makes him one for the future.

Future Ashley Cole? Without the cheating ..

His adventurous play down the left hand side, as a fullback, not to mention that his work rate is great for someone his age, makes him one for the future.

Future Ashley Cole? Without the cheating ..

Wouldn't be surprised, though he looks a more modern, more attacking fullback than Cole.

Wouldn't be surprised, though he looks a more modern, more attacking fullback than Cole.

That's true.

I just hope that this injury doesn't harm his chances of really proving his worth.

Definately looks like a future England international - like Wilshere.

where's the people now saying Arsenal are a foreign team

Gibbs Jack and Lansbury had great games and guess what? they were English !!

That's true.

I just hope that this injury doesn't harm his chances of really proving his worth.

Definately looks like a future England international - like Wilshere.

Without a doubt.

where's the people now saying Arsenal are a foreign team

Gibbs Jack and Lansbury had great games and guess what? they were English !!

Yeah, although surely I'm the not the only one who was surprised when I found out Henri Lansbury was English?

I thought he was English when I saw his name as 'Lansbury', then I saw 'Henri' and figured another French guy.

It's Henry, foolish parents.

good news for a future england star (hopefully) Arsenal have been very unlucky injury wise these past couple seasons so hopefully they will have minimal injuries this season

Back