Gibbs ready for England - Wenger

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger backs full-back Kieran Gibbs, who excelled in the Carling Cup win over Liverpool, to win an England call-up.

More...

To be honest there's more of a competition up front (strangely) than at left back imo. Who's backing up Ashley Cole now? Bridge? That said, even Welbeck should be higher up the pecking order than Emile Heskey.

Stephen Warnock & Bridge should still ahead of Gibbs. All I can say though is that Gibbs is a better defender than Ashley Cole.

gibbs and wilshere for south africa 2010 they will both be good enough

leighton baines is better than gibbs but i don't think capello will risk taking a gamble with a young player as he knows we have a great chance of winning the world cup with his current squad

Neither will Wilshere.

Definately, Too many better experieanced CM's.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Gibbs is behind, Baines, Warnock, Cole and Bridge.

2012 euro championships could see gibbs and wilshere feature, but not this world cup.

i for one am very excited for the future of arsenals english talent, i think england sometimes misses the sort of football that arsenal play, and if english talents are brought up playing the way we do, then it could be very positive for english football if they mature well.

Walcott, Randall, Wilshere, Simpson, Gibbs, Cruise, Emmanuel Thomas, Watt, Ayling, Murphy, Eastmond.

As long as they mature well, they all could become stars. Walcott is halfway there already, and wilshere at such a young age already looks the part.

Last edited:
i`d have gibbs over bridge and warnock anyday! baines is better at the min and what about matt taylor?

i`d have gibbs over bridge and warnock anyday! baines is better at the min and what about matt taylor?
Taylor has become more of a left midfielder than left back in recent times. Gibbs isn't close compared to Baines, Bridge and Warnock. Give it 3 or 4 years then Arsene may have a point but definately not now

Cant see Gibbs going to south africa if im honest. Wait like 3-4 years then gibbs will be much better but hes one for the future thats for sure.

Clichy should tutor gibbs tbh or does he already?

We should stick to the players we know for England.. Some are pretty bad but it's a strong squad, it's not the right time to bring in youngsters.

Back