Giggs - The Road To Becoming United Boss

Really interesting save so far and some great signings there (Austin especially, scored 12 in half a season for me in a Bournemouth save to keep me up). Just wondering, Paterson still at the club?

Cheers man, it's been good fun to play so far, never really done a save like this before, With Austin going so cheap as well, it just seemed like a win win situation, hopefully he will be able to replicate it for me haha, and yeah Paterson is still at the club, was on loan last season, but back at the club now, why you ask?

Cheers man, it's been good fun to play so far, never really done a save like this before, With Austin going so cheap as well, it just seemed like a win win situation, hopefully he will be able to replicate it for me haha, and yeah Paterson is still at the club, was on loan last season, but back at the club now, why you ask?

Yeah I got Austin for around £3.5m somehow, no idea why he is so cheap. Not sure what Paterson is like in FM16 but in real life he used to play for us (Walsall) and was our best youth product in my opinion, been out on loan since moving to Forest but honestly believe he should be starting for them. He's quick, can move the ball around well, good passing/crossing and he can score a few goals

June/July update continued

18th July 2016
Friendly - Racing Club - Home
View attachment 137126
I treat friendlies far too competitively but this result annoyed me haha. I can't help it but i want to win every game and win well, and plus there is nothing wrong with wanting a strong pre season, but this result, and how we dominated the first half to fall short and lose on an own goal, is ridiculous. If this was a league game, i would of been fuming, but hey, players are getting fit for the season and when it comes, will be better to ensure this doesn't happen.

Redmond is Red
View attachment 137111
With being unhappy with his former club Norwich being relegated and moved down to the championship, I decided to make a move for the disgruntled winger and managed to land him on a relatively cheap basis. A position we needed to strengthen on the right wing, he is a welcome addition that will hopefully bring some assists and goals down that wing.

Zelalem joins
View attachment 137096
In on loan from Arsenal, a hot youth prospect that is here to liven up the middle of the park, i thought he might prove to be a bit of a wild card, giving a youthful buzz throughout the squad.

Luis Enrique Leaves Barcelona
A Surprising thing to read that apparently i am now favourite for the Barca job, we shall see if anything materialises from this, if so i will be inclined to accept due to the rules, but if we turn back time, i was the favourite for the Arsenal job, and nothing happened there so i'm not holding my breath, but i am applying just because, why not, it's Barcelona, i doubt, i'd take it, just because i'm enjoying my time at Forest, building this squad.

31st July 2016
Friendly - Shrewsbury Town - Away
View attachment 137086
Better, much better, we dominated and really are starting to show a good team performance, hopefully will be able to carry this on in competitive games. Austin scoring the type of goals i bought him for and Wilson got an absolute scorcher.

Month in Review
Short update to finish off these months but some interesting developments have occurred with a potential move to Barcelona on the cards, but some good squad improvements, with a lot of new faces coming in and preparations well under way for the premier league season ahead.​

August 2016 - Let the season begin...

The Month Ahead...
View attachment 135962
Got one more friendly, maybe two due to the gap in between my last friendly and the season opener. Looking out to our first few games of the season they look fairly winnable. With Southampton being our first game and probably our most difficult of the month, but with Stoke and Burnley following on we should be able to get off to a decent start...

3rd August 2016
Friendly - Celta - Home
View attachment 135961
A fairly dominant display against the Spanish side, with our defence standing strong and only letting them get 3 shots at our goal, but disappointing that one of those shots went in, with Rulli still on international duty it's frustrating to not be able to play our new number 1 keeper to see if it would of been different, but a solid effort none the less. Would of like to see Austin keep going after getting the early goal but still promising, getting in the right positions and getting some real poachers goals.

Well this is an interesting development
View attachment 135960
So, i have an interview with Barcelona, this is interesting, i think it will be more entertaining if i stayed at Forest, because let's face it, managing Messi, Neymar and Suarez, basically manage themselves as long as the tactic isn't *****. I think, surprisingly, i'm going to turn it down, i like the uncertainty of being at Forest for the moment. I'll only really move clubs if i get offered the position or interview off the cuff, and not from me applying. Would of been interesting if they approached me though.

Daehli joins...
View attachment 1069016
With being a little short on solid options on the wings, i have brought in Daehli on loan with the option for a permanent transfer, with Osborn being my first choice on the left i always like to operate a team which allows me to change up the squad to deal with the busy schedule and not worry about playing too much of a weaker side. Daehli allows me to

8th August 2016
Friendly - Hibernian - Home
View attachment 135958
Solid performance and didn't concede, the team is still in transition so interesting how our performances will be once the season is underway. With this being our last game of pre season, i'm happy with our preparations and how each game went, although the teams we faced were lesser, it's all about to become more interesting now the season is about to begin.

13th August 2016
EPL - Southampton - Home
View attachment 135957
Absolute blinder of a result for our first game in the Premier League, Charlie Austin doing exactly what i brought him in for and finishing off rare chances to get himself a hat trick and us a 3-0 win. Southampton have always been a bit of a dodgy team for me, and with them having the share of the possession and also being able to get more shots away than us, it's really positive to see us put away our chances as well as maintaining a clean sheet.

20th August 2016
EPL - Stoke - Away
View attachment 135955
Frustrating game to watch, the team displayed no sign of intent and done well to hold off the incoming advances from Stoke. The one slight shining light from this game was from Mr Charlie Austin scoring in the 59th. To be truthful we didn't really deserve the draw but of course i'm not going to argue it, points on the board in the end of the day.

23rd August 2016
Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd - Charlton - Away
View attachment 135954
An expected win against a lower tier side, With a switched up side, due to only playing Stoke a few days before i'm impressed to see them come through and deliver when it matters, Wilson really proved his worth in this game, as although he isn't my starting striker, he really made a statement for me to rethink my starter if Austin's form starts to slip but so far, i am more than happy to have both strikers firing.

28th August 2016
EPL - Burnley - Home
View attachment 135952
An amazing statement of how far we come, going against previous rivals that we had tough games against back in the Championship devision. Redmond proved to be a massive difference maker in this game, Absolutely tearing apart the right wing, setting up one and scoring a goal himself. It is confirmation that the improvements i have been afforded to make during the transfer window really have improved the squad.

31st August 2016
Deadline Day
All quiet from The City Ground in Nottingham, done plenty of business over the transfer period and although i did look at a couple of options, and maybe having a bid rejected for Tevez (I just testing the waters with that one haha). No last minute business was carried out.
View attachment 135951
Plenty of business done over the summer period, Big transfers of getting Rulli in on a free transfer and breaking transfer records for the club with purchases of the likes of Jorge and Embolo, i'm quite pleased with the business i've managed to pull off over the summer months. Hopefully if we keep up this season we can continue to carry on bringing in promising youth to set up a future of staying in the top flight.

The Team
View attachment 135950
View attachment 135948

Month in Review
View attachment 135947
View attachment 135946
Still maybe a little early to be taking too much notice of the league table just yet, with only being 3 games into the premier league season, all can change very quickly but it's still not a bad start. Getting solid wins against Southampton and Burnley were the highlights of this month so far. The only blemish to the month worth mentioning was the game against Stoke, hopefully we can avoid playing like that again as that performance was just shocking and we were lucky to manage a draw. Now to maintain this form for next month...

Player of the Month
View attachment 135943
Nathan Redmond​

Last edited:
Apologies...
Due to work and other commitments i brief hiatus had to happen simply due to me having no time on my hands, but hopefully i can now continue with the save and posting about my run with Nottingham Forest...