Gignac Under-performing

Reaction score
I'm having problems with Gignac. He's never performed brilliantly for me despite the fact I've heard he's a great striker. He did have a good spell towards the end of last season.

Anyways I'm looking for tips to get under-performing stars playing properly and any advise on how best to play Gignac. Currently I'm reguarly playing him as a lone striker supported by van der Vaart (AMC, Trequartista) and Kalou (AML, Inside Forward).

Cheers beforehand for any advise.

Not sure about his position as I never buy him, but one trick I picked up to boost performances is (I got this idea from someone on here, but can't remember who it was) --

During half-time team talk tell any player with a 7.3 rating or above that 'you have faith in their ability'

They nearly always have a storming second-half for some reason.

have you got a screenie mate?

gignac.jpg

I was told here, http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/falling-attributes-after-pre-season-break-t42173.html it was normal for his stats to fall after pre-season but 10 games in they haven't been regained although just out of curiosity I downloaded Genie and they said he still has the potential to regain them.

He's been poor this season though only scoring once and he's got <6 in a few games.

gignac.jpg

I was told here, http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/falling-attributes-after-pre-season-break-t42173.html it was normal for his stats to fall after pre-season but 10 games in they haven't been regained although just out of curiosity I downloaded Genie and they said he still has the potential to regain them.

He's been poor this season though only scoring once and he's got <6 in a few games.

well i would suggest playing him as an adv forward. and maybe if you gave him a different training schedule it would improve his stats? not sure mate, sorry :(

If you're playing a lone striker play him as either Deep Lying Forward with a support or attack duty, see which works better.

I find he works much better with a partner up front as a complete forward,scored 27 1st season and 25 2nd season for my man city team.

Back