Gillingham FC Return to the Championship

kirrienwilson

Reaction score
As we know thr face of the top two teirs of english football have changed in recent years.

Both Premier League and Championship teams have become struggles in League 2 and In Luton Towns case Blue Square Premier.

This is my story about a former Mid Table Championship team Gillingham and there rise from the Dundrums of League 2 back to there rightful place in the Championship

View attachment 317751 Gillingham FC Rise to the Championship View attachment 317752

At a Press Conference Today, Paul Scally, Chairman of Gillingham Football Club Announced the appointment of new manager Kirrien Wilson.
The Board Unanimously Agreed on the Appointment of Kirrien Wilson after promises of Championship football within 5 years.

Kirrien said at todays conference ¨being a supporter and former player at Gillingham its important to me that we are at our best and where we belong. That is why today i stand here and promise that we will be a Championship team again within 5 years.

Kirrien then left the conference to attend training ahead of Gillingham´s First game verus Portsmouth in the League Cup.

Transfers and preseason to follow

I am wondering whether to do this as a Youtube series.
What do people think???

i think it's better on here, as in more people view it, but its up to you!

Do it on here! Gillingham fan myself so will follow with interest! Going to do my own Gills story at some point in the near future!

side note: im not actually a gillingham but they are my counties only professional team

Transfer Update Summer 2012/13 Season

View attachment 317822
First Signing of the summer was Doyle Middleton on a free transfer from Preston

View attachment 317823
Second Singing of the season really as a back up to Deon Burton and Danny Kedwell but now ahead of Danny Kedwell. Also a free transfer from Newcastle Utd.

View attachment 317827
My third Signing of the season was Emmanuel Mendy, Brought in as a replacement for Matt Fish, Also a free transfer from Liverpool.

View attachment 317828
My final signing was a mistake but a brilliant one. I signed Marnick Vermij from Manchester United on a seasons long loan after forgetting i brought Emmanuel Mendy.

I also brought Devante McKain in from the Youth Team (or maybe reserves canñt remember)çç++

as for pre-season results

Gillingham 1 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday
Gillingham 0 - 3 Colchester
Gillingham 3 - 1 Manchester United Reserves
Maidenhead 0 - 4 Gillingham

Back