Giuseppe Rossi inconsistent

• Thread starter Thread starter Lord_Slop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 10K

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've taken charge of Juventus, this is the third year with them, I've managed to reduce the squad age to become one of the youngest squads, however, the newest deal is giving me night-mares.

I brought in Giuseppe Rossi form Chelsea, to play alongside Macheda who I bought a season earlier.

Macheda has been performing well as an advanced striker with attack duties, the other striker was Amauri playing as a deep lying forward with support duties, which is to be replaced by Rossi.

So far this season, Rossi has only scored 3 goals in 6 matches, it's not just his lack of scoring that worries me, it's his incosistency, one match, he scores, he gets a rating of 7.2, the next he disappears, shows up with a rating of 5.8.

He doesn't miss, but he rarely gets the ball, is it something I'm doing with his position and duties, or should I just give him more time to gel with the team?

3 in 6 isnt so bad mate, keep playing him, he should come good providing you have him set to his best role.

He isn't a DLF in my opinion, much better as a complete forward or advanced forward. Macheda can play as a poacher.

I'll also say having one of the youngest squads in the league isn't necessarily a good thing. Some experience in your squad is vital.

He isn't a DLF in my opinion, much better as a complete forward or advanced forward. Macheda can play as a poacher.

I'll also say having one of the youngest squads in the league isn't necessarily a good thing. Some experience in your squad is vital.

I fully agree on the young squad bit, there's still experience in the team, when I took over, I had most of the important players above 30 years, I had Cannavaro at 35, Del Piero at 34, Trezeguet at 33, Zebina at 32, Grosso at 32, it was an ancient squad.

What I did was do the transition over 3 seasons, some of the old faces remain, Diego has matured at 27, Arda Turan at 24 (bought him first season), Marchisio at 25, Felipe Melo at 28, Sissoko at 25.

These are the backframe of the team, I added in good youngsters in defense and attack to add some vitality to the team.

So while the team is on an average of 24 years, most of them are quite experienced players.

I've played Rossi in a couple of games i get the best out of him by playing him as a striker ; poacher or advanced forward, or as a right winger playing inside forward.
I do agree he isn't the most consistent striker in the world and that his main weakness but i still manage to get 15 to 20 goals out of him a season.

I found he was dreadful all together on my Newcastle game.

Bought him for £18M or so, stayed for a year, scored about 10 goals and left for £10M next year. After about 35 games. :'(

play rossi as a right winger advanced forward ask him to cut inside 36 assits 18 goals for man city 2011/2012 and in the 2012/2013 season 32 assits 29 goals

Perhaps he has a low consistency rating? Sometimes stuff like this is just incurable.

Thanks for the brain-storming, I'll try all the above roles and let you know, I like the winger idea, as I already have 2 good players in the AMC position, Diego and Giovinco.

Ok, so I've tried him in the positions listed and he's turning in wonderful as a poacher, averaging 1.5 goals per match and throwing in quite a number of assists.

Thanks for the help guys.

I have to agree with his poor scoring consistency... He scored only 5 goals in 24 appearances in the first season.. Kept him though since he topped my squad with 15 assist... He did much better for me as an impact sub though.. Scoring 13 in 15 appearances for me in the second season and so far 2 in 4 appearance in the third season since he was injured and out for 4 months...

Back