• Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

MWEST94

Reaction score
A Malaga Story
View attachment 261418
1st​ July 2011
Malaga boss receives the sacking!
Manuel Pellegrini, the Malaga manager, has been made redundant by the President, Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani, following a disagreement with the president.

Pellegrini was a well-loved manager at Malaga, both by the fans and players. He managed to secure them a safe 11th​ place finish in the league, last season, as well as signing legends, Demichelis and Cazorla for a record club fee of £17 million.

Little was known about the incident which caused his sacking, however, we got a quote from the former manager, “I am deeply saddened to leave Malaga, I love the club, the players, and the fans. What I did was unacceptable. Sorry.” Touching words from the former manager.
View attachment 261419
With the sacking of Pellegrini it has opened up opportunities for other managers to give the Malaga job a go and build a successful team. The president even quoted, “We have the money to compete with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Who wouldn’t want to manage a team which will only get better?” With the finance and the teams reputation set to increase, a whole list of top class managers are ready to fight for the job, with Fabio Capello and Rafael Benitez favourites.
View attachment 261420

Great sounds really good I will be following.:D
grin.gif

3rd​ July 2011
Benitez wants job!
After being linked with the job at Malaga, Benitez quoted, “I want the job, I will beat up anyone that stands in my way.” Fighting talk from Benitez. But he faces competition from other managers as well. Villas-Boaz and Capello have also confirmed their interest in the job. Villas-Boaz saying, “It would be dream to overtake the two major forces in La Liga with Malaga.”

As well as this David Moyes of Everton and Bielsa of Ath. Bilbao have been linked with the job. With five plus managers competing who will get the job?
Well on the 5th​ July 2011, the president will interview these possible managers and decide who he wants as manager of the club.

In other news fans of Malaga are surrounding the stadium to determine why Pellegrini was sacked and is now working in Tesco’s. One angry fan said “I went to buy some bread earlier and saw Pellegrini at the checkout. I don’t understand why he was sacked.”
View attachment 261755
Another fan quoted, “I wish the president would give us, the fans, a good reason why he was sacked. They have kept very secretive.”
View attachment 261754
The president will have a lot of answering to do at the next press conference.

Back