Giving the fans something to sing about

Will you follow this story and activly post feedback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elasticspy2

Reaction score
note: This story will not start untill the full FM12 game is released, untill then please leave feedback and state if you will be following or not.

The unveiling

A burst of sunlight and warmth on an otherwise misserable day, saw a gathering at the Ricoh Arena (Coventry),
the clubs mascot Sky Blue Sam doing his usual acrobatics to entertain the crowd before the main event took place.

After 30 minutes of acrobatics and poor cheerleader dances out came the clubs chairman Ken Deliu.

"it is with a great sadness that we as a board have had to part ways with manager Andy Thorn" he began, being met with a chorus of jeers and chants of "Get SISU out".
"please let me finish" his voice bellowed out of the sound system, instantly silencing the crowd.
"though our thoughts are with Andy and his family during their distressing time, it is without further adue I am proud to unveil the new manager of Coventry City Football Club."

In the tunnel

My moment has arrived, time to do what my dad did over 40 years ago, take Coventry to the top flight and sustain a healthy position.

"This will be no easy task" I kept reminding myself over and over again. I walked out onto the pitch to only find a handful of supporters applauding me. "tough crowd" I thought.

Walking up to where the chairman stood, I kept my eyes down looking at the grass, after what seemed like a lifetime I finally reached the stage, where i shook hands with Ken, and took over the mirophone.
"good luck kid, you will need it" Ken whispered in my ear as he left the stage.

"Hello, I stand here as the new manager of Coventry City FC, as I am sure you are aware, First of all I would like to thank you all for making the trip here on this less than maginificent day to welcome me"

By now the fans had already guessed who I was the son of (as if the chin didnt give it away) David Hill, the son of a certain Jimmy Hill Coventry City legend and mastermind behind the sky blue revolution.

"I am here to do what my dad did over 40 years ago, take this club back into the top teir of english football and beyond. I understand that you fans have been disillusioned by previous unkept promises, but my promise to each and every one of you is to do my best to take this club back into the premiership, and build on that as a platform to become one of the most feared teams in england!"

This was met by a round of alpause, of which I took the chance to get off the stage and where I belong, in my office, sorting this sorry mess of a team out, and getting them to where I have just promised....

Note: again I ask for feedback as an encouragement to keep this story alive!

Last edited:
I'll follow as the intro is one of the nicest i've heard of..
Hoping it will be a great career story with happy ending...

I'll follow as the intro is one of the nicest i've heard of..
Hoping it will be a great career story with happy ending...

hey mate thanks for your support... tonight sometime i will be doing a "complete background" of the club... to give you and some other potential followers something more the read about, other than the OP over and over again. and inform people who and what coventry are (as i am sure not a great deal of people on he world stage know who coventry are lol)

Hello to all that will be following, my laptop has decided to not work, and is pending repairs, therefore this story will be postponed until the day it is returned from the repair place... I am sorry for this, to fill the time until then I will use my old computer (only ha an integrated graphics card so I can't even play the basic of games on it) I will do as previously stated a history of the club and I may also do a biography of David hill for some entertainment before the story starts, again sorry for any disappointment caused... I will also regularly update on the repair status, so you can make an educated guess as to when I will officially start this story

Just a quick update: my laptop will arrive on tuesday, so hopefully the story will start on tuesday (after playing a bit of MW3 :) ) if not tuesday then deffo wednesday afternoon

reason for not doing anything sicne i last posted: my mum had to go into hospital for an emergancy operation... just letting you know

Another update: I recieved my laptop back today, but it still doesnt work, so I rang up my insurance company, and they said that there are sending me a new laptop to the same specifications as my laptop that doesnt work, it should be in my posession by thursday (but im sure you all know what delivery drivers are like)

beginning to take the **** now...

I have my new laptop :D, I will do my first update some point this afternoon :) :)