GKs never getting high ratings despite brilliant savings?

I've noticed that it can quite harsh on keepers, yeah. Highest I got a keeper in my current save was 8.3- and every highlight in the second half was him making another save. He still didn't get MoTM.

I've had keepers with higher ratings and whatnot in other saves, though.

Hmmm... that's weird because when my GK makes great saves then he always gets high ratings

Ive never had a keeper have more than 7.10 after a season& that was a season i went unbeaten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a keeper who had a €10M balance in his bank account get a 7.1 while another guy with €1.2K got 8.0. I guess he had his money invested or something.

More seriously and out of linguistic jokes, yeah, ratings are harsh on goalkeepers. I've seen some get high ratings, but it's very rare. I have the feeling like passing completion and other such stats count too much or difficult saves too little.

Though what annoys me is how hard it is when players make mistakes leading to goal... against the players that had nothing to do in the play.

I saw a keeper who had a €10M balance in his bank account get a 7.1 while another guy with €1.2K got 8.0. I guess he had his money invested or something.

More seriously and out of linguistic jokes, yeah, ratings are harsh on goalkeepers. I've seen some get high ratings, but it's very rare. I have the feeling like passing completion and other such stats count too much or difficult saves too little.

Though what annoys me is how hard it is when players make mistakes leading to goal... against the players that had nothing to do in the play.
I remember playing as Chelmsford City in FM2010, a mistake leading to a goal was like a serious injury. He'd have to be subbed immediately and sit out a few weeks or else he'd be guaranteed to start playing as an opposing striker.

I often see that my GK gets 8.0 rating and above if he makes good saves so I don't think there's any issue with that.

There's also players making poor defences that directly lead to concede a goal, even own goals, keeping their rating while players who had nothing to do in that play get theirs dumped.

Yeah, they can get high ratings; but I don't have clear it's because of their saves and not some other stats.