GazaLaad

Reaction score
Rangers board make shock announcement

Rangers fans were left in disbelief today as unknown manager Gary Bernard was announced as there new first team manager.

Fans gathered to let the board know of their discontent and to hear what their new manager had to say about the task in hand. Bernard told the media

"I know the fans are apprehensive but I love this club and together we can take Rangers back to the glory years."

View attachment 33455

July 2018

Record Breaking Wins and Away Goals
July 2018

Pre Season Friendly

View attachment 33451

A routine win in what is my only pre season friendly due to an early start in the Europa League Qualifiers.

Europa League Qualifying Round 1

View attachment 33450

Well that was unexpected. Revenge is a dish best served with an absolute mauling and that's exactly what we gave to Progress here.
Superb hat-trick from young Glen Middleton who played down the left wing.
I think we can safely say we are into the next round.

Europa League Qualifying Round 1

View attachment 33449

After the first leg I'm not quite as shocked by the score line here. Still a brilliant result and another hat-trick for Middleton is now giving me a headache with who to play down the wing as Middleton only got a game in these two matches as he was fitter than Kent etc.
17-0 Aggregate win.

Europa League Qualifying Round 2

View attachment 33448

Back down to earth with a bang as we come up against a much more organised Bordeaux side. Arfield gave us the lead but giving them the away goal is going to make the trip to France a very difficult match as we need to score to get into the next round.

Transfers In

View attachment 33447
July saw us bring in 3 new faces in the form of:
Jan Kirchhoff - Free
Oliver Burke - Loan
Sebas Moyano - £160k

Jan Kirchhoff I feel will add a bit of stability to the middle of the park whereas Burke will hopefully add some flair down the wings with Murphy etc all out injured.
Moyano is more one for the future but his stats may allow him to break into the first team early. The youngster plays down the right side of midfield.

Transfers Out

View attachment 33446
Just one player left us this month.
Dapo Mebude - Loan
Hopefully the young striker can find his feet in League 1 with Montrose, I expect big things from this player, definitely one for the future.

Whats Next?

August 2018
The SPL season begins
Will Rangers bounce back in Bordeaux?
How will Bernard's squad shape up for the season ahead?

August 2018

Euro Adventure & SPL Begins
August 2018

Europa League Qualifying Round 2

View attachment 33443

What a result away in France. The team showed great character and dug in to secure an epic victory and a place in the Third Qualifying Round.
Brondby IF of Denmark awaits.

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 33442

A hard fought game against a strong Aberdeen side but very happy with the win. I hope to be challenging Celtic for the title this season but I can see Aberdeen being up there too after this performance.

Europa League Qualifying Round 3

View attachment 33441

I was hoping to win this game as on paper we are a much better side than Bondby but we have an away goal and I am quietly confident heading into the second leg that we can progress.

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 33439

A solid win against St Mirren and another brace from Glen Middleton.
Starting to get a little concerned about how poor Morelos has been in front of goal but so far my wingers are scoring the vital goals.

Europa League Qualifying Round 3

View attachment 33440

Quite strange that I have defeated Brondy 3-1 on aggregate without actually scoring a goal.
Two own goals at Ibrox was enough to see me through into the last qualifying round where we meet KAA Gent from Belgium.

Europa League Qualifying Round 4

View attachment 33438

A narrow win at home to KAA Gent in the last round of qualifiers. Another goal for summer signing Jan Kirchhoff but a red card for Ryan Jack meant a nervy end and now he will miss the return leg in Belgium.

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 33437

Another SPL win to make it 2 out of 2 but also another game where Morelos has failed to find the net. Think a change up front is needed for the next game.
On a better note summer signing Moyano got the last half an hour and managed a goal on his debut.

Europa League Qualifying Round 4

View attachment 33436

We have done it!!
Middleton scores again and finally one of my strikers finds the net. Kyle Lafferty with a late brace to ensure we are into the Group Stages.

Europa League Group Stage Draw
Zenit St Petersburg
Feyenoord
Atalanta
Rangers

Not the kind of draw I was after to be honest. Very tough group!!

Transfers In

View attachment 33433

We added two other signings before the Transfer Window slammed shut.

Xadas - £400k
Birger Meling - £1.1 Million

Both found by my scouts with Xadas coming in from Braga and Meling signing from Rosenborg.
Meling was attracting interest from Chelsea and Roma also so I see bringing him in as a bit of a coup. Only problem is that he expects to be starting games so its going to be interesting who makes the left back spot their own as the season goes on.

Transfers Out

View attachment 33431

Some reserve players out on loan, most notable is:

Robby McCrorie - Inverness

McCrorie is another player I have high hopes for so hopefully he has a successful loan spell in the Championship.

Up Next

September 2018

Old Firm Success and Failure
Euro wake up call
SPL continues

August Press Release

Bernard talks to Rangers Monthly
August 2018

Reporter

Welcome Mr Bernard to your first interview with us, how do you feel your start with Rangers has gone and do you feel like you have won the fans over yet?

Bernard

Hello and thank you. I hope I am building towards that but as of yet its early doors and only time will tell if I can convince the fans I am the right man for the job.

Reporter

Are you the right man for the job?

Bernard

Well I feel like I am or I wouldn't have taken the job on in the first place.

Reporter

Congratulations on your Europa League Qualification campaign, how far can you take Rangers in this competition? Can you emulate 2008?

Bernard

Thanks. I feel that it's unfair to compare this to the 2008 run, we are in a very tough group and we have a long way to go. Ask me about 2008 again once we are in the final and I will be happy to compare the two.

Reporter

You have two wins from two in the league, how do you see your domestic season going?

Bernard

Obviously we want to win the league but we know that's going to be a tough ask this season. We will aim to win everything and evaluate it at the end of the campaign.

Reporter

What about your team, do you know your best eleven yet?

Bernard

I don't work on the basis of having a best eleven, my whole first team squad are of a standard that I can pick any of them and I expect them to perform.

Reporter

Thanks for your time Mr Bernard. Just before we conclude this, your next game is your first Old Firm match, how have you prepared for that?

Bernard

Like I do any other game, we go out on the pitch and want to win, that never changes.

Last edited:
September 2018

A tale of two Old Firms and other stories
September 2018

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 33384

Well the first Old Firm game of the season see's us endure our first defeat of the season. Can't have too many complaints Celtic were just better than us here and deserved the win.

Scottish League Cup Round 2

View attachment 33383

A routine win against Championship Inverness but hopefully a brace from Morelos will see his confidence grow and he might start scoring some goals. Middleton found the net again and continues to be our top goal scorer this season.
We have been drawn against Celtic in the Quarter Finals.

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 33382

Two game in a row that Morelos has scored, a hope this is him finally finding form.
A good bounce back win in the league after our Old Firm defeat.

Europa League Group Match

View attachment 33381

Well it's a poor start to the Group stages of the Europa League. Middleton gave us an early lead but after the break Feyenoord were just too strong and to be honest it was lucky they only scored two. Five games left though so it's not over yet.

Scottish Premier League

View attachment 33380

Another league win this time against a struggling St Johnstone side. Morelos again on the score sheet along with Katic who seems to be struggling for fitness for some reason.

Scottish League Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 33379

I don't think this game could have went any better to be honest. Helped by the fact Celtic had a midweek season round match against Morton we completely blew away a tired looking Celtic side to reach the semi finals of the cup.
Kilmarnock awaits at the National Stadium in the Semi Final.

Next Month

Is Rangers Euro dream over before its even started?
A striker hits form
Cup Finalists???

Last edited:
September Press Release

Rangers Monthly - Bernard's Only Interview
September 2018​

Reporter

Welcome Mr Bernard. You have experienced both defeat and victory in the Old Firm derby so far. What do you think of Brendan Rodgers having came up against him twice?​

Bernard

I dont have any thought on him, I only think and care about what effects Rangers. apart from seeing him at Old Firm matches he is irrelevant to me.

Reporter

Dont you think thats disrespectful?​

Bernard

Not really. I think the way he behaved after his league win was disrespectful but thats just the mentality of the man, we blew them away in the cup and you didnt see me bragging like he was the next morning.

Reporter

The win against Celtic takes you into the Semi Final of the League Cup, can you go on and win it now?​

Bernard

Yes I believe we are in a very strong position to do so but only time will tell.

Reporter

Not the best start in Europe with a defeat to Feyenoord, can you turn this around?

Bernard

Look we wanted to start with a win but we are only one game into the group, we have every chance of getting out the group just like the other 3 teams that are in it.

Reporter

You have openly spoke about Morelos struggles so far this season, dont you think that this can demoralise the player?​

Bernard

I havent once said Morelos was struggling. He knows he needs to do more in front of goal and we are working on that so that he can reach the heights we all know he is capable of reaching.

Reporter

Thats the end of the interview Mr Bernard, is there anything you would like to add?​

Bernard

No I just want to thank the fans for getting behind the team and the players for adapting to the changes me and my coaching staff have implemented.

Last edited: