• Thread starter Thread starter Kyanite
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 3K

Kyanite

Reaction score
GOALA MISTA
36974191666e95fae61042262ed595be.png

If you've used my previous tactics, you'll be aware that I am a counter attacking minded manager. I got bored after guiding Blackburn to 9 Premier League titles, 2 Champions Leagues and so on this year so I decided to create a new tactic. I don't want to go on too much about this, but as you can tell from the name, it's based on the Zona Mista offshoot of Catenaccio.

You'll defend deep, you will end up with around 35% possession every game, you won't score many, but you'll grind out some very satisfying results.

The downside is that you need the roughly right player roles in order to succeed. I chose Spurs because their depth at center back is obvious and Vertonghen was the ideal libero I was looking for. The only signing I made was Baines for left wing back - because it's no lie Rose didn't fit the bill.

Note: The more physical your players are the better. Think 'Italian' (except the DLP). Hard, strong, athletic, technically superior. Winger/Wing Back pace is important. (Heck, just sign lots of Italian players and they'll fit the bill)

GK - Self explanatory.
L - Good center back, athletic, great technically (just like Vertonghen, Chiellini).
CD/C - Slower center back, tackling, heading, strength.
CD/X - Athletic center back who is a powerhouse, will score lots from corners (think Kaboul, Chiellini etc).
DLP/D - Good passer of the ball who can contribute defensively if needed (think Sandro, Pirlo etc).
WB/S - Athletic left back, high tackling, high crossing, speedy (Baines, Alves etc).
DW/S - Speedy, tackling is a big bonus, high crossing (feel free to convert a wing back/right back to fit the position, worth noting Lennon does better than Walker etc).
BBM/S - All round great central midfielder. Needs to be decent at passing, tackling, just good all round (Dembele, Holtby, Paulinho, De Rossi gotta have a bit of everything really etc).
T/A - This guy will excel and has to be an epic playmaker. He needs high creativity and passing (Eriksen absolutely bosses this role, scores goals and assists for fun etc).
P/A - Preferably speedy, high composure + finishing, big bonus if he's tall and physical, heading (Think Soldado, Defoe, Balotelli etc).
TM/A - Very important going forward because most counter attacking crosses go towards him, gotta be tall, gotta be great at heading the ball, good composure + finishing is a bonus (Soldado did well in this role as he's tall, Adebayor was a beast and was scoring for fun).

Training:
Tactics only - until 100% familiarity.
Teamwork for about a month.
Then set to your assistant manager.
If results start to go down the drain, switch back to teamwork.

Teamtalks:
If you're up against a significantly weaker side (Hull, Cardiff, Villa, etc.), tell your team to 'enjoy themselves' and leave them relaxed.
You will find yourself 0-0 at half time a lot until the tactic becomes familiar. Aggressively talk to them at half time and they will normally turn it around in the second half.

Minor instructions:
No shouts, don't change philosophies or strategy just chill out.

Top of the league in January.
e119f7cabc34893026facd2c9dca2809.png

Only loss was a 2-1 loss against Manchester United at Old Trafford, we were unlucky, silly defending. We drew 1-1 away at Chelsea, drew 0-0 away at City, beat Arsenal 3-1 and 4-0. To me, the draws away at Chelsea and City are like wins for this tactic. Soaks up lots of pressure, but grinds out a result. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea as different people get a buzz from different football philosophies.

As can be seen, most goals come from the strikers and one of the center backs. All midfielders also grab the odd goal here and there. Adebayor really seemed to suit the tactic until he got injured for 4 months - he was on fire.

8c7df78f1e74c52a094dd800b8a85346.png

Good luck/Buona Fortuna!

Download.

So far so good in my Birmingham save, friendlies were great as I beat Hanover in one of the friendlies. Also still unbeaten in the league after 2 games. Was favoured to lose against Watford in my 2nd game was half time 0-0 and did what you said and won 2-0, so I am pleased with that it works.

Will keep using it, hopefully I have time to give you some updates. :)

Back