Goalkeeper

• Thread starter Thread starter Sneech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K

Sneech

Reaction score
I'm in the first season with Chelsea an I have of course Courtois an I told Cech to free up wages and just to boost funds if needed and I didn't really feel like two first choice keepers was needed (Would be nice but didn't want one of them getting upset myself).
I signed Walton from Brighton who is a fairly good back-up prospect for the future and is also English which is also a reason why I signed him. He isn't really Premiership material yet as I saw in Friendlies I played him in.
I also have Schwarzar who is fairly okay but I don't think he'll be with me after the 1st season unless I can get his wage down to barely anything.

However where I'm getting at is Courtois just got injured, all be it only a few weeks which isn't a disaster but I don't really feel too confident with either Walton or Schwarzar in goal - Schwarzar will do the job for now but wouldn't want to continue using him if Courtois (touch wood) does get a longer injury. Basically does anyone know a decent back-up which I can sign in January who will be fairly cheap and be signed on a reasonably low wage while I send out Walton on loan and keep Schwarzar as 3rd choice.

P.S - If you can't be bothered to read this, I basically want a back-up keeper who is fairly cheap and decent for the premier league! (Any age really as long as he can do the job!)

Jed Steer from Aston Villa awsome GK was so good for me at Villa 1st choice over Guzan.

Atm im liking Oblak. (Always been a massive fan. reliable in my countless Benfica saves throughout the years.)

Don't ever get Valdes. Complains a lot if he doesn't get game time, which he won't once Courtois recovers. I know Khune is cheap, but dunno how good he is..

Horn is a good shout, you can probably sell him at a good profit after a year or so.

Thanks for the ideas guys, Valdes was injured for like 3months when I looked at him and when it came to offering him a contract he wanted 150k+ p/w and then wanted like a 8million sign on clause so I instantly walked away even without negotiating.

I checked out Jed Steer and he looked quite good for a back-up and also could improve to be quite a good cup keeper if I ever wanted to rotate a bit in the future or also sell on in a few years for a profit after he'd grew and expected more of a first team place.
I also looked at Timo Horn but it didn't show me the 4.2m release clause so I was a bit confused so didn't continue with him. Oblak looked quite good aswell but will probably be choosing Jed Steer!

Had Valdes as my first choice at Liverpool and had to sell him as he didn't settle in England. So I need a new no.1 I'll try some of then names mentioned here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I got Valdes down to 35k p/w and a 1 mio sign on fee? I sold him 6 months later to City for 8 mill pounds :)

Thanks for the ideas guys, Valdes was injured for like 3months when I looked at him and when it came to offering him a contract he wanted 150k+ p/w and then wanted like a 8million sign on clause so I instantly walked away even without negotiating.

I checked out Jed Steer and he looked quite good for a back-up and also could improve to be quite a good cup keeper if I ever wanted to rotate a bit in the future or also sell on in a few years for a profit after he'd grew and expected more of a first team place.
I also looked at Timo Horn but it didn't show me the 4.2m release clause so I was a bit confused so didn't continue with him. Oblak looked quite good aswell but will probably be choosing Jed Steer!

You have to scout him to know what's on his contract

Back