Goalkeepers: agility and jumping

Reaction score
Quick question because I need to know whether to stop bothering about it or not.
Does agility and jumping still count as important gk atributes? I ask this because I struggle to find any young keepers who's atributes in these fields are high.
I put 15 agility and max age 16 into the search filter and it came up wth 6 players.

It depends on your tactics mostly. I think jumping is very important because if a keeper can't jump then your team may concede from set pieces and crosses as your keeper finds it hard to collect the ball in the air. Agility can be important if you are playing with a high defensive line as through balls may put players 1 on 1 with your keeper so he may needs to rush out and of course if a player tries to go around the keeper he needs to be able to turn quickly. So yes jumping is important and agility is a useful one to have.

It depends on your tactics mostly. I think jumping is very important because if a keeper can't jump then your team may concede from set pieces and crosses as your keeper finds it hard to collect the ball in the air. Agility can be important if you are playing with a high defensive line as through balls may put players 1 on 1 with your keeper so he may needs to rush out and of course if a player tries to go around the keeper he needs to be able to turn quickly. So yes jumping is important and agility is a useful one to have.

Then why don't anygood young keepers have these atributes? Happened in 09 too, surely it should be the main stat of any half decent keeper.

Then why don't anygood young keepers have these atributes? Happened in 09 too, surely it should be the main stat of any half decent keeper.
How am I supposed to know? I don't create the players stat's

maybe it's because they are 16? their stats do improve you know. 15 is very high for a young player.

they are low because the young keepers are still developing give then a year or 2 and with the right training they will shoot up

Back