Goalkeeping - what the **** has happened to the goalkeeping?

Reaction score
If you play at anything south of elite level, I would estimate about 20% of goals are from the keeper making inexplicably dreadful errors.

They're either letting shots straight at them through their arms, kicking the ball up the striker's **** or for no obvious reason positioning themselves outside one of the posts.

I play at a fairly lowly amateur level, and my (allegedly) championship level keeper makes more ****-ups in a month than I do in three years.

Of course, he mixes this up with ludicrously impossible "predict the future and where the shot will end up" magic skill. So I guess it balances, but it's still ****** ridiculous.

I've been playing since CM1 in 92. This has never ben an issue before. It's like everyone's got Forrest Gump net. What the **** is going on???

Don't forget the 3D match view is a rather inaccurate representation of what is actually happening. As a goalkeeper myself I know there is a position very close to my body that makes it hard for goalkeepers to save, that could be represented by the ball going through the body of the keeper in the 3D view.
Also I seem to remember this happening ever since the introduction of the 3D match view?

Back