Ranger81

Reaction score
View attachment 328329

Not sure if this will work as I've never tried it before. This is my 2-5-3 Rangers tactic (forced upon me by a spate of injuries, suspensions, players who I had to sell and fatigue). It scores stacks of goals, but concedes loads as well.

View attachment 707385 I don't normally play a defensive winger (because defending is a law onto itself anyway. I'd also normally have Cammy Bell in goal, Ian Black as DM, Fraser Aird as left winger and Nicky Clark alongside Boyd and Shiels)

View attachment 707387Team instructions - I can never quite find the perfect balance

View attachment 707391 Results (the 4-3 against Livingston in the League Cup was achieved with a threadbare squad featuring six under 20s and four sixteen year olds). The 2-0 win over Raith was something of an anti climax, but was a rare clean sheet mostly because they didn't take their chances and my keeper was immense that day.

Loving the attacking football, hating the fact that almost every corner/throw in/counter attack results in a goal. If anyone can offer any advice on the defending that won't detract from the attacking play it'd be much appreciated. I'm not a fan of individual player instructions - tried and failed.

p.s I know - I've made a mess of the attachments

Last edited: