Try changing the CF to a Trequartista and set him as playmaker = Rooney and then leave Cavani as poacher, this should help them play their natural games and with time they will score goals, don't forget you're still in September and Cavani probably can't speak English yet and we certainly know that Rooney can't speak it....properly anyway, they need time to gel as a pair...

Rooney complete forward support, Cavani Complete forward attack/advanced forward

Although i raise questions about the roles you currently have (unless they have been heavily edited)

they have been edited but i just changed rooney to what kino4city said and rooney has just scored 4 goals and cavani scored 2.

Mike i will be happy to look at diffrent things

Last edited:
Raikan had amazing success on FM11, unsure if he's repeated it on 12, with a formation that utilised Rooney as AMC playing as a Trequartista with a lone forward playing in front of him. You could try that: Rooney AMC, and Cavani CF Attack. However your best speaking with Raikan about the ins and outs of that tactic, he created it.

I set cavani as poacher and rooney as DLF/S and i changed the tactic setting (DLP/S) to run ball more often and rarely to run from deep + Move into channel to more clear chance blast the ball from crosses. have try..