Going Sky High With The Sky Blues

skyblue1991

Reaction score
GOING SKY HIGH WITH THE
SKY BLUES

View attachment 249300

History:

Founded in 1883 Coventry City FC were originally named Singers FC. Before moving to Highfield Road which was to be their home for 106 years, they played in local parks and fields, relying on funding from local companies and support groups. Eventually they changed their name to Coventry City FC.

During the 1930's Clarrie Burton was signed to the club, he went on to score an impressive 182 goals in his Coventry career, a record which is still untouched in Coventry's history.

During the 60's Coventry hired former Fulham player Jimmy Hill, he brought about the "Sky Blue Revolution" which oversaw the change in kit to Sky Blue, coining the nickname "the Sky Blues". He also penned the song which has been passed down through the years.

During the 70's Coventry managed to get into Europe, though they lost to Bayen Munich (7-2 on agg).

The 80's saw Coventry's only major trophy to date, the FA cup which was won in 1987 beating heavy favorites Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 in extra time. Due to the incident with Liverpool FC fans in Istanbul though, Coventry were not allowed to enter the European competition due to a ban by UEFA on all english clubs.

The 90's saw the decline and eventual relegation from the newly formed premier league. After a 34 year stay in the top flight of english football Coventry found themselves in Division 1 (now the championship). Coventry were tipped for an immediate return to the top flight, but selling key players such as Dion Dublin to local rivals Aston Villa meant that it was always a tough task.

In the 00's And only one top 10 finish in the Championship (being 8th in the 05/06 season) Coventry have been in a rot, with diminishing finances, and a squad that is becoming more and more depleted, a return to the top flight seemed further and further away. This decade also saw the club flirt with administration, with Ray Ranson and the SISU Hedge Fund Ltd. saving the club with only 30 minutes to go on the 13th december 2007 (only 20 short years after the highest point in the clubs history).

This is where we pick up the story here: The 10's.

INTRO:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my direction, with a slam on the snooze button i drifted back into my slumber, only to be woken up 5 minutes later by the alarm again.

After what seemed like a constant battle between my bed and body, i sat up and looked at the time, 10:00 AM.
"Sugar, i over slept. *sigh* looks like i will be getting fired today." i said as i was getting dressed and dragging my sorry *** off to work. only to be confronted by my boss who was ****** off and stressed to the max.
"WHERE THE **** HAVE YOU BEEN?"
"my alarm didnt go off?"
i replied lying through my teeth.
"GET YOUR THINGS FROM YOUR DESK AND YOUR LOCKER, YOUR FIRED!"

i knew i couldnt argue, as it was the sixth time this month, i blamed all the late nights playing football manager, but i didnt care, i lived in my mums basement.

when i arrived back home, i saw an official letter from the FA.
"hmm. odd to say the least" i thought as i opened it.

"after scouring the internet for hints that there could be some people with potential
to become a coach, and possibly a manager, and stumbling over your Football Manager stories, we would like to invite you to take coaching badges at a discounted price."

the letter went on by explaining the specifics, but i didnt really read them. after i had some lunch i rang the contact number to inquire about the letter.

The woman on the end of the phone confirmed it, and asked if i would like to take on the offer, which i snapped her hand off for.

after 10 grueling months of training badges and coaching badges, i finally gained all the qualifications that i needed to become a manager, which is when i saw, "COVENTRY MANAGER SACKED"

this is my chance i thought....

Sorry its a long intoduction... i got a little carried away. I hope it doesnt put you off following as i get coventry back into the big time, i will be doing 15 match updates (season matches. which is why it may be a little longer to update.) :)

Last edited:
upon being chosen to replace Andy Thorn as manager of Coventry City FC a few signings and a loan gone out, with a newly formed link with Manchester United, sees this Coventry team take to my mold. attached will be screen shots of the tactics with the starting 11, transfers in and out, and also pre season results.

more updates will be in depth, this is just a quick one to get the story rolling. :)

just ask if you want any other screen shots :)

Back