Reaction score
Hey guys,
This is my first thread here. Created my own tactic using OSC Lille. It is a 4-5-1 with one DM, two MC and two Wingers. Now I need some testers to make it perfect.

Here the formation:
View attachment 196568

The idea is to play well organized offensive football as well as quick counter attacks. It is plug and play, so no OI's and Touchline shouts are necessary. Pitch size is maximum, but I don't think it's really important. If you get a red card, take out the right CM. Set Pieces are all set up. In pre-season you have to practice the tactic with "maximum" until the players adapted it perfectly. Then you can put it to "normal" and focus on "defending". (that's what I do in general) Give it some time, especially if you have some new players in your team. I needed also some, until my players knew what I wanted from them. ;)

Now the player roles I use with description and players (players in my squad) that can fill these positions.

Goalkeeper: Should be able to catch high balls after corners and play "Sweeper Keeper". Tries to play/throw the ball directly to a defender to start a quick attack. - Mickael Landreau, Zacharie Boucher, Ludovic Butelle

Centre Backs: Defense line isn't very deep, so fast defenders are an advantage. Apart from that heading, marking and tackling isn't that bad to have. Have to score out of set pieces and play simple passing game in defense. - Aurelien Chedjou, Adil Rami, Maicon (Porto), Darnel Situ, Cédric Mongongou

Fullbacks: Should be quick and have stamina. Also crossing and defending abilities like marking and tackling are not too bad to have. Will push forward when team is in attack and try to cross the ball into the penalty area from time to time. - Adrian Aldrete, Mathieu Debuchy, Lucas Digne, Serge Aurier, Blaise Matuidi

Defensive Midfielder: Typical "Anchor Man". Playing very defensive, simple passing game mostly to the central midfielder in front of him. Should win headers and duels in front of the defenders. - Rio Mavuba, Etienne Capoue, Stéphane Dumont

Central Midfielder (left): The tireless man with skills in defending as well as playing good passing game and help the offense with his presence. - Florent Balmont, Axel Witsel

Central Midfielder (right): "The brain" of the team. Intelligent playmaker with great passing game, but also able to score with long shots. - Yohan Cabaye, Maurício Pereyra

Wingers: Typical "Inside Wingers". Push into the middle (not always, but often) and try to score themselves or play an intelligent pass into a gap they see. Chance the sides often, so should be able to play on both. - Eden Hazard, Gervinho, Ludovic Obraniak, Jonathan Biabiany, Frederic Bulot

Striker: Should be an Allrounder. Means pacey, but tall as well. Can score out of crosses but also gets passes into free areas. So dribbling and technique are also not too bad. For sure he needs to have good scoring abilities. - Moussa Sow, Terence Makengo, Andre (Kiew)

Now some scoresheets with this tactic:
View attachment 196577View attachment 196578View attachment 196579View attachment 196580View attachment 196581View attachment 196582View attachment 196583View attachment 196584
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
View attachment 196628View attachment 196629View attachment 196630View attachment 196631View attachment 196632
---------------------------------------------------
View attachment 196627
I play it in German, so "klare Torchancen" is "clear cut chances", etc. and sorry for my English.;)

I'd be happy if you test it and post me some feedback, so I can improve my work.

View attachment 196585

Last edited:
it looks really impressive
especially defensively, apart from the monaco game u barely got any goals against ya
and a few games with more CCCs then opposition shots is fantastic
hope the tactics gets the attention it deserves

I'll give it a go in about 20 minutes once I finish some matches on my Newcastle game. Will try it in one of my other saves and let you know how it goes :)

falcao is the best striker for your tactic no?he's great header and also good finishing
could you show your league table screenshot?

Last edited:
falcao is the best striker for your tactic no?he's great header and also good finishing
could you show your league table screenshot?

Sure, Falcao should be great. As well as Mario Gomez, Didier Drogba or Lucas Barrios only to give some examples.

Here is the table of my first season. The aim was to qualify for European Cup and the start of the season was very weak, so in the end I was satisfied with becoming 3rd and winning the French Cup. Problem is that my team doesn't take advantage of their chances, so my players usually need way too many chances to score, but well, isn't a thing that lets me doubt that the tactic isn't good. So I uploaded some pictures of games I couldn't win, to show you why...
View attachment 196621View attachment 196622View attachment 196623View attachment 196624View attachment 196625

ok thanks for sshots.i will try the tact. tomorow.it looks great especialy the high number of CCC'S you have in mostly of your games

Used the tactic for my England team along side my Newcastle side, only played 4 games so far, drew the first 0-0, won two 4-0 and then just won 2-0, dominates possession for me too :)

Used the tactic for my England team along side my Newcastle side, only played 4 games so far, drew the first 0-0, won two 4-0 and then just won 2-0, dominates possession for me too :)

Thanks for your first impressions. Hope it keeps these good results. Seems the defense works great.

Now I finished my second season with this tactic.
Became 3rd in the league again, lost in the quarter final of the CL against Atlético (they won in the end) and won the Coupe de la Ligue.
I think the tactic works just the way I wanted it, the only problem is that the players don't use their plenty chances. Sometimes I think they want to annoy me. ;)

Some impressions:
View attachment 196821View attachment 196826View attachment 196827View attachment 196828View attachment 196822View attachment 196823View attachment 196824View attachment 196825View attachment 196829