Jwilsher

Reaction score
I've start a new save game with Arsenal, and i choose formation 4-3-2-1 for away games and 3-3-3-1 for home matches. My team in pre-season games goes well, the boys are concede 0 ccc in these games and scores as well good too. The results are 3:1, 1:0, 2:0 against brazilian teams and one lose from PSG with 1:0 ( yes, again 0 ccc) , Ibrahimovic just score in the last minutes from open play, from one of these crosses from left wing ( Di Maria). So the formation is good for me, i was looking for stability in defence and midfield, for atack i'm not worry in this Fm16 is pretty easy to score a goals, just push a little bit the team forward ( after this goal whom Ibrahimovic scores , i make mentality from standart to overload and for 5 minuntes i was have 2 goal attemps as well, just my striker ( Donyell Mallen) was not enough good. The most important think in this situation was, that my midfielders were more static, they just can not won the center, the possesion was poor, the passes was poor too. Is the formation is good or in the previous game i just won, becouse of individual ones ?
For PSG game i choose 4-3-2-1 , becouse of Ozil ( he is injured for 1 month), and i have not fairy good atm in this place for Traquarista role. So the players was like that:
Giroud
AF(a)
Alexis Walcott
IF(s) W (au)

Ramsey - Cazorla
RPL DLP
Coquelin
anchor

Gibbs-Koscielny-Gabriel-Bellerin
fb(s)-CB(cover)-CB(stoper)-fb(a or s)

Ceh
gk

Team instruction are: Work ball in the box, closing down less for the team(to my offensive players i tell to close down more), prevent shoots onto GK, and retain possition is available too ( but when is not good conection between my players i switch off it this one. What can i do to avoid more possesion and attacking, but not to take any from defence, because it seems good and stability for now ? And a little bit off topic here - is Barbosa is good for AF(a) and Teielemans for DLP (as replacement of Santi) ?

In home games i choose a different formation here, but the mentality is also standart, fluidly again, the difference in team instruction is i added pass into space plus the up mentoined.

Giroud
AF(a)
Alexis Ozil
IF(s) T(a)

Ramsey - Cazorla
RPL DLP
Coquelin Bellerin
anchor WB(a)

Gibbs-Koscielny-Gabriel
fb(s)-CB(cover)-CB(stoper

Ceh
gk

With this one i'm looking for move the ball through middle until the main player - Bellerin get forward soon as he can , there have more free space and after that he just assist mostly to Alexis with his fenomenal cut inside and roaming. The problem comes that Giroud ( AF) is not have a good chances for goal, from 6 goals for the team he score only once, he faces 1 vs 1 the goaley. Somethimes Bellerin cross him, but most of the crosses goes to the opposite flank ( Alexis). And what about Ozil, i think i can not take maximum from him ? Any advice here ?