owentow

Reaction score
ive just won the championship with middlesbrough using swansea domination and im looking for a good defensive tactic to use along side my current tactic mainly for away games and playing big teams can anyone recommend a good solid defensive tactic

thanks for replying mate ill have a look and dload now

I have this "not to lose" tactic that I use. You might give it a go. It's basically 4-1-4-1 with a well-organised and compact team. That one DM should be a solid anchor man with strength. I use one of the CMs as a DLP support and the other as a standart CM. Try to use players who won't give the ball away so easily. One of the wingers could be used as Wide Midfielder to help your CMs making the play. So a player with good technique would be good. The other winger should be a fast player with good dribbling and balance as he's the main guy to carry the ball into the attacking phase. And the striker should be able to hold the ball for a while either by drilling right onto the goal or by serving to your wingers. Finally you might wanna use your full backs with defensive duty when playing against a top team.

Instructions: play narrower, slow tempo, shorter passing, drop deeper are the key ones. Might as well use stay on feet and more disciplined when playing away. I use balanced mentality but if you have really fast players you can try the counter version of it. Good luck!