Good distributing goalkeepers

• Thread starter Thread starter kagelo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

kagelo

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get the best out of one? I got a regen GK with good attributes in throwing, kicking and strength and since I play quite often a counter attacking 4-5-1 I thought the keeper could start the counter quickly. However he simply won't throw the ball to open players waiting/running further up the field even when they are completely alone. I've tried a few things like setting creativity/through balls to max or setting distibute to AML/AMR but without result. I'm open to suggestions...

Anyone know how to get the best out of one? I got a regen GK with good attributes in throwing, kicking and strength and since I play quite often a counter attacking 4-5-1 I thought the keeper could start the counter quickly. However he simply won't throw the ball to open players waiting/running further up the field even when they are completely alone. I've tried a few things like setting creativity/through balls to max or setting distibute to AML/AMR but without result. I'm open to suggestions...

it will depend on his mentality + passing game + the counter box ticked and the tempo in which you will try to get the ball forward. Naturally, he would still have to come up with seing anf thinking that this option is the best one. remember that in most cases, the player deep down the field is unable to actually see what you see in the stand and its not sure that theis AMR/L is unmarked once the ball gets there.

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately nothing's working... just once he cleared the ball and accidentaly balotelli went 1vs1 (and missed...). That's all

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately nothing's working... just once he cleared the ball and accidentaly balotelli went 1vs1 (and missed...). That's all

If you watch football in real life, how many times every game wouyld you say that this happends though ?. In my opinion, its rare that the goalkeepr sets up an attacker or an advanced winger resulting in a goal or a chance. So unless you watch the game in full mode, you wont see many of those actuall attempts.

Another point: What is your focus play ?

Back