• Thread starter Thread starter robcanon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.

robcanon

Reaction score
I am currently in my second season with Spurs and after being given a less than generous transfer budget of £8m i decided i had to sell to bring in quality players, here is a list of the players i sold;

Alan Hutton - £5m
Jermaine Jenas - £6m
Benoit Assou-Ekotto £7.5m
Ledley King £4.5m
(i also loaned a number of players with upfront fees, totaling to about £3m in revenue)

I ended up 3rd in the Premier League at the end of the first season as well as winning the FA cup. I made a couple of key signings throughout the first season, here they are in order:

-Hernanes - DM/AMC £18m (purchase price)
-Demba Ba CF/AML £9 "

with these signings on board i felt i was ready to mount a challenge for a European place, did in the end finish 3rd, i thought a very good position for a team of our stature :)
I decided to build up my team slowly so players easily settled in, and the harmony of the side was not disturbed too much.

Second season:
I made a few vital changes to the side:
Players bought:
Neven Subotic CB £6.5m (this is probably my best signing, at 21 years old he has very high ratings for a CB - around 17 in heading marking and tackling <)
Cesar Azipilicueta RB £6m very young again, he has played a good solid 5 games so far for me :wub:
Rafael van der Vaart £4.5m unwanted at Real for some reason?! He has bags of quality and can play all across the midfield
Patrick Viera £free very good as a sub, got him on 30k a week too - not bad!

my star players that were already there are Luka Modric (I had to resist some very tempting £25m bids for him in the summer (6) Wilson Palacios he is like a midfield version of Carlos Tevez! He works very hard, good anchor man behind Hernanes, who I usually play in a free roaming playmaker role :) and Gareth Bale who is the perfect modern day full-back, he gets up field and his assists are quite surprising! Definite for other teams as he is usually number 2 to Assou-Ekotto :)

oh and my prefered formation is 4-3-3 (playing AML and AMR instead of 3 CFs :)

My problem is Luka Modric is going to have to go as he is unhappy because i rejected a bid from Man Utd (and various other big clubs), any ideas, and thanks for reading, please respond, i am wondering whether or not to document my fm story so any feedback would be appreciated :)

thanks guys :D

Last edited:
modric will stay.. just offer him a new contract during the off season when he has settled down a bit
trust me don't sell him unless someone offers atleast 50 million

all that writing to just be hit by those two links..... poor guy

:'( hopefully ill get more :)
im bored anyway!
and at least i got somewhere :)

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

and yeah, modric is pretty awsome :)
and 50 mil will buy a suitable replacement :)

come on dont give him links thats harsh after all that writing, honestly im not that far into to my games, look for youngsters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back