Good players to a little club?

• Thread starter Thread starter eeveenn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3K

eeveenn

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I've just won Leauge 2 with Eastleigh (haven't heard about it? well... no one has) and after doing a little opponent-research - it seems almost impossible to survive the comming season. Therefore, I need some reinforcements. My major search for "right" players (young, good & cheap players) resulted in a couple of bids, but the players wouldn't even consider a transfer to my little club.

Do someone know an effictive way to find "right" players who is willing to join my team?

I would be very greateful for answers! :)

I just got promoted to BSP...I am curious about this too. Right now, with unrealistic transfers excluded by assistant manager...I am having difficulty finding better players to help me stay in BSP and not get relegated.

I'm all ears on this question you asked. :D

I can't point out specific player's but....
If you flip the search on it's head you might find filler players nearing the end of their career's that you could give 12 month/2 year contract to for the positions you are desperate to secure and sure up, look at those already out of contract to save a transfer fee.
Depending on their past levels, when you DO find that talented youngster for the right price or from the youth ranks the old pro you signed might be able to do you a good turn in the tutoring side.
Maybe look to some Premier/Championship/League 1+2sides for possible Loans (at either end of the age scale) the higher up the league you go the less chance of the player accepting though, try to get the club to pay at least 50% of the wage (ofc the more the better) look at other club finances as some will be wanting to ease their own wage bills and maybe look to teams that just got relegated from the division you just got promoted to.
If you can, scout Ireland, Scotland, Wales smaller clubs, with your stock rising you may start to attract some talented youth.

Last edited:
when i was in the lower leagues with wycombe, i raided sligo rovers for some great prospects. i currently have 4-5 epl quality players that i got from sligo rovers and a couple more from other teams in that league.

In each of 2012 and 2013 I've brought Dorchester Town to the Premier League for the Achievement (English Hero?). I am certainly no expert having only played for two years, but here are the things that I have tried and had some success with...

1. Scout trial days (goes without saying); 2) Get a parent club, they are usually good for a loan or two of reasonable players; 3) hire scouts for their judging CA rating and worry not about their PA rating; 4) loans generally...players at this level are effectively disposable, so hurting your own development system really is not a detriment, max your loans; 5) Towards the end of each season, I scout the 4 or 5 teams in the division higher who are relegation candidates, as well as the top teams & players in my division. Sometimes you can get players from teams dropping down because of expiring contract, wages too high to sustain in the drop, or reasons of ambition. Occasionally you can pluck good players from the teams not going up if their contract is expiring or their ambition is such that they feel they shoudl be higher 6) Trial every out of contract player who comes along. You can often unearth gems at the lower levels. 7) if you have youngsters in your youth team with CA to play at or near your level, or PA of a higher league, dress 'em. They will develop with playing time. Its rare, but in 2013 I did get two 16 years olds in BSP that stayed with me until promotion to the Championship before being transfered to lower Premier League team and top Championship team resepctively.

Again, I'm no expert, and maybe just got lucky but I was not unhappy with the results.

Back