GalA2

Reaction score
first. sorry for my ****** english
as the title says. my youth intake is'nt producing any good players, i get players with max potential of 120.
yet i upgraded the youth requruitment and the junior coaching budget to the last level (its 20 both)
got a decent Head of youth development with JPotA 16 JCA 16 and workingyoungsters 15
also, the coaches of the youth team got a good level of that workingyoungsters
youth training facillities are fairly good (Good youth facilities)

What am i doing wrong guys?oO)

You seem to be doing the right things with your facilities, your Junior Scouting is important to upgrade as well.

Also, what league/nation are you in? You could have a low-ranked nation which produces fewer newgens of quality.

If you Youth facilities, coaching and WWY is all good, look at the 'Junior' stuff. Although you don't see it in- game, the Juniors are the kids BEFORE the intake day, the u15s, u 13s etc - when we see the intake, the kids have been at the club for a few years in the Junior ranks.

If you are a top league team, top european team, then I would look at a HoYD with higher than 15 for WWY and more emphasis on JPA. Also make sure he has similar philosophy to you - preferred formation etc.

What kind of newgens are other clubs in your league getting?

You seem to be doing the right things with your facilities, your Junior Scouting is important to upgrade as well.

Also, what league/nation are you in? You could have a low-ranked nation which produces fewer newgens of quality.

If you Youth facilities, coaching and WWY is all good, look at the 'Junior' stuff. Although you don't see it in- game, the Juniors are the kids BEFORE the intake day, the u15s, u 13s etc - when we see the intake, the kids have been at the club for a few years in the Junior ranks.

If you are a top league team, top european team, then I would look at a HoYD with higher than 15 for WWY and more emphasis on JPA. Also make sure he has similar philosophy to you - preferred formation etc.

What kind of newgens are other clubs in your league getting?
Hi, thanks for the respond.
Im currently with Hapoel Beer Sheva Israel premier division
the other 2 higher reputation clubs in the nation get one regen (in a range of 1 year to 2 years i'd say) whic he's 150+ PA - the others are somewhere beteween 90 to 135-145 and i got better facilities then them.
but acoording to what you said "Although you don't see it in- game, the Juniors are the kids BEFORE the intake day, the u15s, u 13s etc - when we see the intake, the kids have been at the club for a few years in the Junior ranks." i will only harvest the 'fruits'(regens) in 1-2 or maybe more years?

Hi, thanks for the respond.
Im currently with Hapoel Beer Sheva Israel premier division
the other 2 higher reputation clubs in the nation get one regen (in a range of 1 year to 2 years i'd say) whic he's 150+ PA - the others are somewhere beteween 90 to 135-145 and i got better facilities then them.
but acoording to what you said "Although you don't see it in- game, the Juniors are the kids BEFORE the intake day, the u15s, u 13s etc - when we see the intake, the kids have been at the club for a few years in the Junior ranks." i will only harvest the 'fruits'(regens) in 1-2 or maybe more years?
Possibly.
An upgrade to junior or youth facilities doesn't necessarily give you and 'instant' result. It does take time. Junior scouting is probably the way to go if you are happy with the level of Youth facilities. You should start to see the intake improve over the next couple of seasons. Possibly in the next intake after upgrade.
The fact that you are in a nation with a lower youth ranking anyway won't help tbh. You can have the highest facilities, but if the nation doesn't produce the quality, then it won't be there, you are simply increasing the chance that you
A: Get the best the nation can produce
B: Stand the best chance of developing them to their PA

Youth intakes are always a bit of a lottery, the better your facilities, the more tickets you have in the draw. Improving your facilities is simply buying more tickets to the lottery.

Youth intakes are always a bit of a lottery, the better your facilities, the more tickets you have in the draw. Improving your facilities is simply buying more tickets to the lottery.

This is one of the better descriptions I've seen for it.

Bear in mind this is - as far as I've ever seen - a virtual process. The game doesn't create a "background newgen" at age 10 or 12, keep them hidden as they are developed through the youth system at the club, and then finally being revealed when you have your youth intake. That youth intake is the point where the game is actually creating the newgen, with the "virtual youth development process" impacting the quality and potential of the player you see. Hence why if you save scum and reload youth intake day over and over, everything varies - the players, quality, potential, etc.

A factor is the city. You said the bigger reputation clubs are getting better intakes. They would be based on Tel Aviv or possibly Haifa. Tel Aviv has a significantly larger population than Be'er Sheva, and Haifa does as well if you factor in metro area. This info is in the database, and basically means those clubs have a larger catchment population to draw from. That makes a difference. It might not be the singular reason they are getting better top-end players, but a factor.

Apologies for double-post goodness. But I meant to mention... my previous save was with a bigger club in Brazil. They have really good facilities and infrastructure and I managed to improve it. Not the best in Brazil but still very good. And I got back to back Golden Generation youth intakes. Getting a single one was a first for me, so getting back to back was mind-blowing. But despite the label, neither was anything club altering. Both intakes had one top level 5-star prospect - the kind of player who will almost certainly develop into a star for a big club for Europe. Then a couple of players who are a full step below that. Not throwaway prospects, but 3 to 3 1/2 stars, so likely to develop into a good player for the Brazilian league or a solid player for a secondary league in Europe. Some of those players will not pan out, due to personality, injuries, bad luck, etc. So its a nice thing but like I said, won't massively alter the future of the club.

My point is just that even when the lottery hits twice in a row, it may not be as massive as you expect.

it.

Bear in mind this is - as far as I've ever seen - a virtual process. The game doesn't create a "background newgen" at age 10 or 12, keep them hidden as they are developed through the youth system at the club, and then finally being revealed when you have your youth intake. That youth intake is the point where the game is actually creating the newgen, with the "virtual youth development process" impacting the quality and potential of the player you see. Hence why if you save scum and reload youth intake day over and over, everything varies - the players, quality, potential, etc.
Spot on.

Thanks for that great information guys!
learnd a lot.
Btw, my club has an higher reputation then haifa or tel aviv and i can see now, as for the last youth intake
that i get much more players than them although the best potential player in the nation for that year is 132 PA (on my club) so maybe the problem is in the nation's low rank.
But is there any-way to improve it?
And thanks again for the help and for that information.
I discoverd this forum just recently after years of questions on the game. Still, its my 10 Straight year im playing this game but there's a lot to learn as the game develops...8-|

Nation rankings do improve with club success, but that takes a long time. Be patient