• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 667
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
A recently released government report, has called on the FA to make changes, calling on them to address financial stability, and the levels of debt within football.

BBC Sport - MPs call on Football Association to make changes

Better late than never as usual eh? Things like this should have sorted out sooner rather than now.

What I find interesting, is that the government is "encouraging" the FA to make the changes, but at the same time, a spokeswoman said they "would not be allowed to ignore the findings", and called them "not fit for its purpose". Hopefully, it's not just the financial aspects that will be sorted out, but basically football in general. Everyone can blatantly see what is wrong with football in this country except them. What they do to change things though, I will find interesting, and wether or not it will be enough.

Last edited:
A recently released government report, has called on the FA to make changes, calling on them to address financial stability, and the levels of debt within football.

BBC Sport - MPs call on Football Association to make changes

Better late than never as usual eh? Things like this should have sorted out sooner rather than now.

What I find interesting, is that the government is "encouraging" the FA to make the changes, but at the same time, a spokeswoman said they "would not be allowed to ignore the findings", and called them "not fit for its purpose". Hopefully, it's not just the financial aspects that will be sorted out, but basically football in general. Everyone can blatantly see what is wrong with football in this country except them. What they do to change things though, I will find interesting, and wether or not it will be enough.

Basically they have given them a year to sort things out, then they will force it themselves. Interesting times ahead

The Government in particular is gunning for Dave Richards' head in this, they feel he is a huge part of the problem (and they are bang on too)

Basically they have given them a year to sort things out, then they will force it themselves. Interesting times ahead

Very. Good to see that some of the points I made in past threads are recognised by the government. Wonder if they've been browsing this site lol.
Also happy to see the mention of grass roots football. It's been crying out to be sorted for a good while. Have a feeling the FA may try to worm their way out of some of the things, which wouldn't surprise me. But at least the structure of the FA at board level may at last get sorted. It's a bit crappy to have a Premier League board member, also being a member of the FA.

Very. Good to see that some of the points I made in past threads are recognised by the government. Wonder if they've been browsing this site lol.
Also happy to see the mention of grass roots football. It's been crying out to be sorted for a good while. Have a feeling the FA may try to worm their way out of some of the things, which wouldn't surprise me. But at least the structure of the FA at board level may at last get sorted. It's a bit crappy to have a Premier League board member, also being a member of the FA.

The FA could be in for a real kicking, there is a feeling that people didnt push hard enough for reform in 2005, and they dont want to make the same mistake again. Robertson has gone about this like a man possessed. Time will tell whether he delivers but its a more positive outlook than before

I feel bit more optomistic has to be said. All fans want sorted is pretty much what other countries have. Good structure, investment at grass roots, financial security for their clubs....the basics. And they definately have to make this fit and proper thing a lot more watertight. It's just so ****** obvious we're getting left way behind by other nations. Especially in countries like Holland. I'll have my fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

If people get the time, here is the full report http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Guardian/documents/2011/07/29/embargoedfootballreport.pdf

be warned, may require a couple of hours to read

Yeah, it's long. Made a rather strong cup of coffee to compliment it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back