Government to appeal Hillsborough document release

• Thread starter Thread starter ajt09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 638

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
The Cabinet Office is appealing against the decision to release private government documents, in relation to the Hillsborough tragedy of 1989. The ICO (Information Commissioner) said the detailed documents, detailing discussions involving then prime minister Margaret Thatcher, relating to the aftermath of the tragedy, should be made public.

Hillsborough Disaster: Decision To Release Files Relating To Death Of 96 Liverpool FC Fans Appealed | UK News | Sky News

To be honest, any information has to be released. The families have a right to know what happened, and who was responsible. They've been fighting for justice for 22 years now, and they haven't been given anything. Give them the closure they need, and deserve. They cannot go on not knowing what truly happened. The 96 should be given justice.

Indeed. The fact they are battling to prevent the truth coming out is sickening, how can the government bang on about bringing rioters to justice when they aren't capable of providing it to the families?

Indeed. The fact they are battling to prevent the truth coming out is sickening, how can the government bang on about bringing rioters to justice when they aren't capable of providing it to the families?

Agree. They should grow some balls and just come out with it. If they don't, two words will come to peoples minds: Cover up

Forgive me if I offend anyone, but what exactly can they be hiding? I wasn't born when this disaster happened, and I've only read it about, but to me it just seemed like a combination of bad policing, poor stadium design and the eagerness of the fans to see their teams.
But as I said, forgive me if I offend.

Back