• Thread starter Thread starter calcal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

calcal

Reaction score
SCOTLAND.
So,First off..The introduction.​

My names callum and after recently finishing a long term save i decided my next save was going to be my last untill FM 13,So what better way to sign off this year's edition of football manager by writing A story to finish off :)

The goal? Simple...Take Scotland to eventually be the number 1 nation in the FIFA World rankings.

The inspiration? In my last save i won the Euro 2028 with Scotland taking over just for the summer,So i decided this time round to start with them and do all the hardwork myself.

The story? Well it won't be the "typical" story you might see..It's going to be straight forward posts,No storylines just results..upcoming fixtures..match analysis and anything else my potential readers might want :)

Enough of the rambling the first post of this story is minutes away so i'l see you soon!

RESULTS.

View attachment 254591
(Friendly) Denmark (H) - L 1-2 Goalscorer - S.Fletcher
So my first game in charge was a home friendly against Denmark,In an edgy but mostly one sided affair it was the Dane's that came out on top,In reality it could of been alot worse than 2-1 so the headed consolation from Steven Fletcher was the only highlight of the game.

(Euro Qualifier) Czech Republic (H) - D 2-2 Goalscorer's - S.Fletcher , G.Caldwell
To my first competitive game in charge,Looking at the table A win was only going to be good enough.That didn't happen as the Czechs twice went infront but my brave Scotland side battled back well,
A first half equalizer from Steven Fletcher from a scramble inside the 6 yard box insured we went into the break on level terms.The Czechs came out the blocks faster and went ahead on the hour mark,But again we came back and A brilliant bullet header from Gary Caldwell earned us a well deserved point.

(Euro Qualifier) Lithuania (H) - W 2-1 Goalscorer's - S.Fletcher , C.Berra
3 Days later we hosted A suprisingly well organised lithuanian side and they gave me a big scare going 1 up just before halftime!,A bollocking at half time seemed to do the trick as Fletcher for the 3rd game in a row popped up to score a close range goal to level the score,Then minutes later Berra bundled home a scrappy corner to take the lead,The game kind of fizzled out and the score remained the same to pick up a vital 3 points.

(Euro Qualifier) Liechenstein (A) - W 3-2 Goalscorer's - S.Brown , S.Fletcher , K.Boyd
So a month passed and the last 2 games of the Qualifying were here starting off with the first of 2 away game's.
This scoreline really is flattering as we did not deserve to concede 2 goals,Just sloppy defending let us down.
Highlight of a dull game was Boyds brilliant solo effort to round the game off.

(Euro Qualifier) Spain (A) - L 0-2
Going into this game we sat second a point ahead of the Czechs they travelled to lithuania and somehow lost 1-0
So predictably losing this game still put me through to the play offs for Euro 2012,Just to add how we only managed to concede 2 goals is beyond me,Totally outclassed.

Euro Qualifying Play offs.

So we drew the mighty Slovenia in the play off's and i convinced myself we could win this over 2 legs.
But....As you can see from the fixtures screen shot we crumbled twice in the space of 4 days to fall to a 2-0 aggregate defeat.Was going to sum these 2 games up but their's no need..both awful,Dull games and we didnt reach the finals,Not a nice way to end 2011.

I'l end the first post here..

The next post will have the 2012 fixtures and first few results and what i expect to achieve,Thanks for reading :)

View attachment 254605

So welcome to post number 2 i'l start off with the first 3 game's of the year before i go into some detail on the world cup qualifying draw.

(Friendly) Slovenia (A) L 0-2
So playing this lot for the third time in a row to start off my year and yet another awful display,It was so frustrating to watch i lit a *** up and turned away for the last quater of the game,I wanted at least a draw here but my Scotland side just didn't turn up.

(Friendly) USA (A) W 2-0 Goalscorer's - C.Adam , R.McCormack
First win of the year and a ****** good one at that!,The USA ranked 19 places ahead of me in the World Ranking's looked strong,Their line-up on paper seemed to be stronger than mine.
But as we no football isn't played on paper and my boys done me proud,A stunning free kick from Charlie Adam gave me the lead then just 2 minutes later a brilliant run down the left by John Fleck and the cross to match put the ball right on McCormack's head to double the lead.The defence done their bit to see out the rest of the game for a very respectable win.

(Friendly) Bhutan (H) W 5-0 Goalscorer's - R.McCormack (2) , G.Caldwell (2) , J.Fleck
A home friendly was up next and as expected before the game we ran out winner's by a decent margin.
A couple of poacher's goals by McCormack,2 leaping headers from centre back Caldwell and a stunning strike from Fleck from 30 yards done the business for us.

Now onto the world cup qualifying draw...
I considered this a very tough draw with the trips to Croatia and Belgium most concerning.
I should be beating Serbia,Macedonia and hopefully Wales to boost my points total as anything less than qualification for this world cup is just not acceptable in my eye's!

Tactics
View attachment 254614
I thought i would add that for 2011 i had used 4-4-2 and a 4-5-1,

So come 2012 i decided to create a new tactic and went for a 4-3-3 trying to promote a nice,attractive short passing game and it has seemed to have worked most effectively the win over the USA it proved to work and despite the opposition the passing during the match against Bhutan was well noted and it seemed to be really coming together.

So thats it for this post,will be posting another one tonight for the start of my World Cup qualifying campaign,

See Ya'l soon.​

Good start. Have always liked international saves myself as you play about 12 games a year max

Cheers :) just put the kettle on then im starting the wales game will do a more detailed update for the 1st 2 games of qualifying,cheers for reading!

OH SH*T just realised all the smileys next to the matches,they was ment to be like H and A but i put them in brackets! haha

World Cup Qualifier's

Match 1
vs Wales at Hampden Park

View attachment 254696

So we kicked off the long road that is world cup qualifying with a superb performance against a rather strong wale's side.
9 minutes in to the match 22 year old Johnny Russell had his magical moment as he scored his first ever goal for his country with a pin point header into the top corner leaving the goalkeeper completely rooted for 1-0.

View attachment 254698
russell celebrates his goal!
Scotland continued to dominate and their effort paid off when Kenny Miller slotted home a close range effort to double our lead and go in to half time 2 goals to the good.

The 2nd half started slowly with both teams going forward but not really having a clear cut chance then....
with the clock hitting 70 minutes Ross McCormack popped up to head home Scotland's 3rd goal,it was a brilliant move and my short passing tactic seems to be coming on quite well.

With 7 minutes remaining Gareth Bale bombed down the left hand side swung in a cracking ball and Sam Voke's was on the end of it to grab nothing more than a consolation goal.
So the home fans go home happy with a nice 3 points to kick of qualification and its a long,miserable trip back for the travelling welsh fan's.

Match 2
vs Croatia at Gradski vrt

View attachment 254700

The Scotland team travelled to Croatia on a high after their convincing win over Wales in the opening game and it showed...Some tricky work down the right hand side by Ross McCormack ended with a low,drilled in cross which came of Srna to give Scotland a suprise lead over the hosts.
This is how it stayed untill half time thanks to a strong defensive display by the brave Scottish defence.

So the second half kicked off and it didn't take long for some action..right from the kick off A string of quick,sharp passes between the Scot's culminated in Kenny Miller picking the ball up,taking it past 1,2,3 defenders and smashing it home for a fantastic goal,1 that im sure he'l remember for some time!.

View attachment 254701
Miller caps off a fantastic move.

So after the 2nd goal many would think the game would fizz out,Not tonight the 2nd half still produced a red card and a Croatian goal but it finished 2-1 and i can safely say im delighted,this is one of the fixture's i wasn't looking forward to so to come out of it with 3 points is amazing! cracking team effort.

So thats it for this post,Be sure to tune in soon to see how we get on in our next couple of games which see's us host Macedonia and travel away to play Belgium,

Bye for now.​

World Cup Qualifiers

Match 3
vs Macedonia at Hampden

View attachment 254709

This was a really frustrating match summed up perfectly by "it was just one of those days", Chance after chance..Corner after corner,It just didn't go our way looked like we snatched it late on only for it to be ruled out overall a very disapointing day all round.

Match 4
vs Belgium at the Stade Maurice

View attachment 254710

Put simply we got outclassed by a very very strong Belgium side sporting the likes of Dembele,Feillaini,Lukaku and of course Eden Hazard..going into this game i thought we might of been able to ****** a draw maybe?
Just wasn't going to happen,Sitting through this game was hard work,we had a few chances but they got wasted and i blasted my side after this defeat,They were awful to make it 2 games without a win after a decent start.

So that's it for competitive games this year,With 2 friendlies left to play of 2012 i want and expect to win them both as we travel to Hungary then on to Latvia 4 days later.

The only plus side of a rubbish week was this.....

View attachment 254711

Moving up alot of places their really suprised me but its nothing less than what we deserve after a superb 4 game winning streak beating the likes of Croatia and the USA along the way,

Will be posting the final 2 game's of the year maybe later on tonight or tommorow morning,

Chow for now.​

Good story mate. I like the simplicity of the layout. Will be following :).

Final matches of 2012

Friendly
vs Hungary at The Puskas Ferenc Stadion

View attachment 254756

Shocking performance,This is another match i was expecting a win and it just didnt come,The only good thing to come out of this match was Jamie Ness,And the fantastic strike he pulled out the bag for his 1st goal in a scotland shirt..That made it 1-1 then 2 minutes before the end of the game Hungary struck again to win the game and silence the travelling Scottish supporters.

Friendly
vs Latvia at the Paulo Tagliavento

View attachment 254757

So watching this game i was thinking we need to win...we really need one! But no,The current form of my side is shocking and it showed here,After dominating the majority of the game we took the lead thanks to Jamie Ness as for the second game in a row he scored a peach of a goal.

View attachment 254758
Jamie Ness fires home

So we continued to dominate,and squandered so many chances i was laughing by the end,And as im sure it happens to the best of us,Latvia struck...5 minutes from time out of nowhere,Head in hands time for me!
And this is how it finished,a draws better than a defeat but we should of won this one.

Right that ends my 2012,it was a mixed bag of results,Good wins over strong opposition then silly draws and losses against teams we should of beat,But moving up a fair amount in the world rankings was the highlight of the year!.
The next post will be a preview of 2013 and what's coming up,It's going to be a good year including a friendly against England,and much more.

Chow for now.

With a busy schedule or work work work,i havnt been able to play this..but ive got the day to myself so im going to crack on..this is how my 2013 is looking :)

2013 Preview

View attachment 255036 View attachment 255037

So it seems like 2013 is going to be a cracking year for any Scotland supporter
We have the Four Associations Tournament to look forward to as i see this as a genuine
chance to win some silverware as i like to think we are the strongest team out of the four.

Along with that,We have a much anticipated friendly against The 3 Lions!!

View attachment 255039

With it being the year that will decide if we are off the world cup in 2014
we sit 2 point's behind Belgium and unless they drop points or we get a result at Hampden.
We are going to have to settle for a play off place,Which is not ideal after our shocker
against Slovenia to stop us from going to the Euro's!

So thats it for now..I'm going to make a start on it now,Will be posting after the Four Associations,Thanks for reading if you did :)

Back