FrederikGram

Reaction score
Formation: 4-2-3-1 (DM)

View attachment 120302

Hey guys, I've had some pretty decent results with my tactic in my CD Nacional save and wanted to share with you. Ended up second place in my first season plus winning the the cup (17/18 season as i started without job and took over late in 16/17 season). I experimented a lot with the tactic throughout the season and believe I could have done better, if I played this tactic all season.

The tactic is a structured 4-2-3-1 with DMs and a standard mentality.
You need allround midfielders for the DM positions and good offensive fullbacks for the fullback positions.
As for the wingers, i've used IF-S on the left and W-S on the right.
If your left winger is left footed, use him as W-S. If he's right footed, use him as IF-S. If your right winger is right footed use ham as W-S. If he's left footed, use him as IF-S.
If you change your W-S to IF-S, please make sure to give the player the same player instructions as the one on the opposite flank.

In the creation of the tactic, i've taken much inspiration from the Puskas and Sir Goalalot tactics from FM16.

When you hit the 70'minute mark on a lead, aggressively tell your players to "concentrate" and if you use a waste time tactic, put it on. The ones from TFF can always be recommended.

Please test the tactic, as I havn't used it with other sides than CD Nacional.

View attachment 120300
View attachment 120299View attachment 120298View attachment 120297

Match instructions:
View attachment 120296

Training:

Goalkeeper: train as Sweeper keeper
Fullbacks: train as Complete fullbacks
Centerbacks: Train as Centerbacks
DMs: train as Defensive midfielders
OMC: train as Advanced midfielder + extra focus on either finishing or long shots (whichever is weakest)
Striker: train as Advanced forward

Team training and match prep:

Pre season: View attachment 120242 - Focus on tactic, high intensity, more match prep, match tactic focus
During season: View attachment 120241 - Balanced focus, medium intensity, medium to more match prep, defensive positioning focus.
-> If you have two or more matches per week, switch intensity to low.

Red card:
If you get a red card, take out OMC and switch your striker to either false 9 or Deep-lying forward support, depending on your strikers ability.

Link to tactic: Gram's 4-2-3-1_C606AC3D-C845-4830-A286-69D18088CC81

Last edited:

This is my type of formation al give it a go tonight for u mate

I've been using in League 2. Defensively, keep conceding chances through long balls over the top

I've been using in League 2. Defensively, keep conceding chances through long balls over the top

Didn't encounter this problem. Most of my conceding goals comes from crosses.. Has the players learned the tactic 100%? And whats your Acc and pace of your centerbacks?

Try changing the defensive line to slighty deep, and unticking the offside trap.

Just giving this a go with villa now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it going? How about Benfica match? Going to use it in my new LL save, i like this foramtion.

How is it going? How about Benfica match? Going to use it in my new LL save, i like this foramtion.
View attachment 119488
Won against Benfica and Salzburg.
Shortly after, I accepted a job offer from CSKA Moscow where I'll be given a much larger transfer budget.
Gonna play same tactic, of course.