GRANDE WIDE 4231- The Better Half´s Final Sets

Macheda plays very well in the centre forward position loaned him out first season managed 17 goals in 27 apps. Second season 2apps 4 goals in friendlies.

Cautious has been simply awful for me, got thrashed 5-1 by PSG, beat 2-0 by stuttgart and 1-0 away to Sampdoria, teams dominating possession and putting me away, any help?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Anyone?

Cautious has been simply awful for me, got thrashed 5-1 by PSG, beat 2-0 by stuttgart and 1-0 away to Sampdoria, teams dominating possession and putting me away, any help?

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Anyone?

Idont know what to say really. Naturally, I have lost matches to and been in a slump. Its impossible to say why you are struggling

Could you give me some information about the picking of players,,,the MCL , MCR, fullbacks and the FC

Last edited:
Right theres the positions you requested and my starting line-up

In the highlighted games , i have been using only the slow breakdown tactic..Seems to be workin atm:

fm_2011-08-11_21-36-14-79.png

Right theres the positions you requested and my starting line-up

Boenisch
This is a player that simply will put you in danger due to his ppms. Even if using the more cautious versions, he will still get forward and try to get inside the oppposition area. As he also lacks in Decision, Composure and Concentration, I think he will struggle

Borowski
I take it you are using him in the MCright position as here, you have another player that likes to get forward at every opportunity

Wesley
Again, a player mores suited for the MCR role.

The Attacker
Sercan Yildrim ?
if you are using him, then you simply will not get lucky :D he is fast, I give you that, but he lack sin Decision big time and also in concentration, composure and finishing

The Morale of the team

The most important thing now is to run around that poor morale

hi tbh, which tactical set would you recommend for **** teams like my dallas (major league soccer)?
oh by the way it's also a **** league but some of them always beat you handsomely, like the galaxy, real salt lake and a few others.

hi tbh, which tactical set would you recommend for **** teams like my dallas (major league soccer)?
oh by the way it's also a **** league but some of them always beat you handsomely, like the galaxy, real salt lake and a few others.

- The set that actually suit your players
- The set that suits you as a manager
The Wide 41221 is the most easy to pick versions with and as it floods the midfield,, its probably the one for you to use. Either that or the new Narrow Diamon that will be uploaded this weekend

going to try this on an old save and a new anderlecht save :)

cheers for the work put in :)

going to try this on an old save and a new anderlecht save :)

cheers for the work put in :)

Good luck and I am looking forward on hearing how it works with a team that should win the league but at the same time is inferior in Europe/CL. Here, we are talking about using the hole spectra of versions on a regular basis

- The set that actually suit your players
- The set that suits you as a manager
The Wide 41221 is the most easy to pick versions with and as it floods the midfield,, its probably the one for you to use. Either that or the new Narrow Diamon that will be uploaded this weekend

many thanks for yr prompt reply and keep up the good work;). yo're a big help to lousy managers like me.
cheers.

Good luck and I am looking forward on hearing how it works with a team that should win the league but at the same time is inferior in Europe/CL. Here, we are talking about using the hole spectra of versions on a regular basis

ive been actually using this in china, with Guangzo or however yoo spell it lol, and i had a 30 match unbeaten run.. i have got bored od the chinese leagues as i i think they are rubbish so have moved to scunthorpe..

so far i have won 3 and lost 1 with scunthorpe.. but it due to the lack of strikers and fitness more then anything.. so atm its working good for me.. i like slow breakdown the best.. as the team play passing football!!

thanks for the hard work again dude!! nice job!

ive been actually using this in china, with Guangzo or however yoo spell it lol, and i had a 30 match unbeaten run.. i have got bored od the chinese leagues as i i think they are rubbish so have moved to scunthorpe..

so far i have won 3 and lost 1 with scunthorpe.. but it due to the lack of strikers and fitness more then anything.. so atm its working good for me.. i like slow breakdown the best.. as the team play passing football!!

thanks for the hard work again dude!! nice job!

Looking forward to seeing some more feedback from your Scunthorpe save

Anyone else tried this out. Remember that what I am looking for is perhaps not feedback on the results as such - although thats great as weel - but more contructive critisim on the set as a whole. In short, is it working out out for you as a manager, does the version picking makes sense ?

Cheers

Anyone else tried this out. Remember that what I am looking for is perhaps not feedback on the results as such - although thats great as weel - but more contructive critisim on the set as a whole. In short, is it working out out for you as a manager, does the version picking makes sense ?

Cheers

hi TBH was wondering are you still using this set or do you prefer the others?

i ask as i am using the 41221 at the moment with success ( not like you tho:'( ) but i have a number of attacking players at my disposal and im hoping these work just as well?

im currently in season 3 with man utd using LFC update.

hi TBH was wondering are you still using this set or do you prefer the others?

i ask as i am using the 41221 at the moment with success ( not like you tho:'( ) but i have a number of attacking players at my disposal and im hoping these work just as well?

im currently in season 3 with man utd using LFC update.
The Wide 41221 is probably a better set all together

The Wide 41221 is probably a better set all together

Hum.. I tend to disagree, either that or I read the game engine wrong.

For example, with RM I went to chelsea and destroyed them easy, then they came to my home, I started with overload, scored 4 in the 1st half, and applied a more cautious in the 2nd. Chelsea ate RM alive and managed to tie the score even.
Now I dont use the probing tactic since all teams,but rivals ones, tend to sit at the back vs RM, but I noticed when playing Atl Madrid, home or away, it was very difficult to hold scores. Home, used overload, score 3x, then went to standard, in the 2nd half I expected a more attacking version coming from Atl. Madrid, so I used counter. The result was loss, that made me giggle.

Tried also in with a lower team in the portuguese league, mixed results, but I think it is mainly because I have a lot of youngters. Funny to own Benfica tho but did not manage to surprise the lizzards from Sporting.

Somehow, the players get complacent every now and then in mid game...wish there was a individual shout to wake them up. Anyhow, congrats on the tactic set, seems to work wonders for you and others, not really on my side.

Last edited:
Hello TBH,

1st of all, excuse my rant in the previous post, I realized that it was a bit unfair and not worthy of a reply from you.

Finish the 1st season using your tactic set, as you can see, it actually worked better in the 2nd half of the season.
I was using a lot of youngsters, around 22y and bellow, so the results were not optimal as expected. The team did well vs some big teams, and with Nacional, a team that was predicted a 7th place at the start of the season, a win vs Lazio was priceless at home.

Did not expect to win away at all, lol, they have a better team than me in any position but still, wins vs Benfica were a pleasure to get.

View attachment 196839View attachment 196840View attachment 196841

Other bigger teams, didnt happen this season but my team help their heads high and gave them a run for their money.
Other thing that I would like to ask is, as I used the slow down version 90% of the games, and only switching to standard near the season end, would you say that next season, I will face difficulties using it because most teams will drop deeper defensive lines, if so, should I use the standard for home games and a more cautious approach while playing away?

Thanks in advance

Hello TBH,

1st of all, excuse my rant in the previous post, I realized that it was a bit unfair and not worthy of a reply from you.

Finish the 1st season using your tactic set, as you can see, it actually worked better in the 2nd half of the season.
I was using a lot of youngsters, around 22y and bellow, so the results were not optimal as expected. The team did well vs some big teams, and with Nacional, a team that was predicted a 7th place at the start of the season, a win vs Lazio was priceless at home.

Did not expect to win away at all, lol, they have a better team than me in any position but still, wins vs Benfica were a pleasure to get.

View attachment 196839View attachment 196840View attachment 196841

Other bigger teams, didnt happen this season but my team help their heads high and gave them a run for their money.
Other thing that I would like to ask is, as I used the slow down version 90% of the games, and only switching to standard near the season end, would you say that next season, I will face difficulties using it because most teams will drop deeper defensive lines, if so, should I use the standard for home games and a more cautious approach while playing away?

Thanks in advance

Well, the Slow Breakdown versions is to be used against teams that do sit deeper and flood the midfield so either I have misread your post or you have misread the opening post where I explain about the versions.Here is a quote form the Opening Post regarding the Slow Breakdown version

Slow Breakdown

More attacking than Standard ?. Hm, actually not but as the title suggests, it’s a more probing approach. Within almost the same cautious approach as the version cautious, we here push up the line of defence and hassle the opponent. We use more of the pitch width and play down the flanks to drag those deep sitting opponents apart

Playing as a team with the media prediction of 7th ( and especially one in a league where the top 3 is superior), I would probably not have touched Slow Breakdown as a starting version at all and only used it as a reaction to what I saw on the field ( rather then expected to happen)

The (starting) version picking for me would probably have been Standard or at home against most teams ( cautious against the top 3) and Cautious when on the road using the following ingame switches

- Counter as a main reaction for opponents attacking us without confidence/ in haste
- Overload to hit teams playing a possession based defensive approach or just teams playing poorly or nervous
- Slow B against teams that flood the midfield and play on the counter

Basically, in the beginning of the next season, you wont see much difference then this first season. Teams will still see you as a middle team and initially, even the bottom teams will see their chance against you when playing at their home ground. If you get results as the season gets on, teams will start playing more cautious against you though and then, you will be more likely to be using either Slow B or Overload rather early in the games

Last edited: