Grant defends Pompey team choice

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 584

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manager Avram Grant defends his team selection for Portsmouth's 0-0 draw with Wigan after making eight changes from their FA Cup semi-final victory.

More...

If they fine us for that, it's ******* pathetic. We're in an FA Cup final soon, we have players extremely tired from the semi finals and we have a lot of injuries. Why can't we play a few youngster if we're already relegated? They'll probably be playing for us next season, are you going to fine us for playing them then FA? It's the biggest bullshit rule made by the FA.

If they fine us for that, it's ******* pathetic. We're in an FA Cup final soon, we have players extremely tired from the semi finals and we have a lot of injuries. Why can't we play a few youngster if we're already relegated? They'll probably be playing for us next season, are you going to fine us for playing them then FA? It's the biggest bullshit rule made by the FA.

I agree with you as football is a TEAM sport and a football team is more than eleven players. But the rules of almost every sport say that an athlete or team must always give it their all.

portsmouth have next season to look to and most of these players will be playing next season the fa are a absolute joke.

I agree with you as football is a TEAM sport and a football team is more than eleven players. But the rules of almost every sport say that an athlete or team must always give it their all.

Sorry didn't watch the match but didn't they give it their all? I think it was a good result for them drawing 0-0. And they are relegated if the fa fine them they are taking the **** out of pompy's they no pompy is in debt and weren't they supporting pompy in financial wise?

I was referring to Max's comment about the rule not the Wigan-Portsmouth match. If Wigan would have won 5-0 then I would have my doubts. One reason for this rule is to avoid another Calciopoli scandal.

They got a point away from home to a side fighting for survival, I see nothing wrong with this.

Getting stupid now.

Portsmouth have been having a go at Boro for not playing Gary O'Neil because it would mean we would have to play Portsmouth more money,yet this is exactly what they are doing to other clubs on a much bigger scale. :S

Portsmouth have been having a go at Boro for not playing Gary O'Neil because it would mean we would have to play Portsmouth more money,yet this is exactly what they are doing to other clubs on a much bigger scale. :S
Probably only having a go because we need the money really desperately I expect, but yeah we shouldn't be asking for money if we can't pay it ourselves.

Oh my days, There the managers of the team, they know what's best for there team. They got a draw, So obviously is not a weaken team, its just different players because if it was a weaken team they would lose.

Probably only having a go because we need the money really desperately I expect, but yeah we shouldn't be asking for money if we can't pay it ourselves.
So do we,we got relegated remember,and we dont look like going back up.

So do we,we got relegated remember,and we dont look like going back up.
Fair point, but we have gone in admin after all, and you still have a pretty good squad you could make profits from if you have to like David Wheater etc, whereas we probably don't.

Back