Grant hails Pompey 'ambassadors'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 572

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Portsmouth boss Avram Grant believes his players are ambassadors for the Premier League after they came from behind to beat fellow strugglers Hull.

More...

I thought we showed fantastic commitment and spirit to come back from 2-1 down with 12 minutes to go.

Such a shame we were deducted points as we would of had a really great chance of staying up now.

I'll be absolutely delighted though if Avram stays, there is something about him that I love, he just gets the best out of the lads, especially commitment wise, and mugs like Boateng can stay in Germany.

I thought we showed fantastic commitment and spirit to come back from 2-1 down with 12 minutes to go.

Such a shame we were deducted points as we would of had a really great chance of staying up now.

I'll be absolutely delighted though if Avram stays, there is something about him that I love, he just gets the best out of the lads, especially commitment wise, and mugs like Boateng can stay in Germany.

i think his a good manager i liked him when he was at chelsea when most chelsea supporters hated him when he didnt do a bad job. got us from 6th to 2nd in the league got us to the carling cup final and our first ever champions league final :) yeah ok we didnt win the finals or win the prem under him but we certainly put up a good fight and came close in all of em and i hope he does stay at pompy and next season they win the championship :D

i think his a good manager i liked him when he was at chelsea when most chelsea supporters hated him when he didnt do a bad job. got us from 6th to 2nd in the league got us to the carling cup final and our first ever champions league final :) yeah ok we didnt win the finals or win the prem under him but we certainly put up a good fight and came close in all of em and i hope he does stay at pompy and next season they win the championship :D
Lets hope so mate :)

And yeah, it was so harsh sacking him at Chelsea, he did not deserve it by any means.

He's pretty much done the same as Ancellotti is on track to do now, which shows how stupid it was.

I love Pompey, what has happened to them this year has been terrible but the fans have been brilliant and Grant has showed his loyalty and commitment, I mean he is managing the club for nothing isn't he?

i loved them when they had muntari, absolute class act

Oh and O'Hara's freekick was brilliant, along with Belhadj's run for the final goal/winner!

i loved them when they had muntari, absolute class act
Not the only one mate :'(

I love Pompey, what has happened to them this year has been terrible but the fans have been brilliant and Grant has showed his loyalty and commitment, I mean he is managing the club for nothing isn't he?
I've heard he's doing it for free, he's a class manager and a nice guy aswell, I'd be chuffed to have him as our manager next season.

Oh and O'Hara's freekick was brilliant, along with Belhadj's run for the final goal/winner!
Yeah just seen the goals, O'Hara's free kick was a beauty, and Kanu took his goal well, although he nearly fell over after scoring haha

Lets hope so mate :)

And yeah, it was so harsh sacking him at Chelsea, he did not deserve it by any means.

He's pretty much done the same as Ancellotti is on track to do now, which shows how stupid it was.

i know i was like wtf abramovich he done one better then mourinho in the champions league and you could argue his side were the better team in the final but as usual chelsea lose on penalties:'( im just hoping pompy end a terrible season on a high by winning the fa cup if chelsea dont ;)

Last edited:
Back