Grant in frame for Portsmouth job

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 426

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Chelsea manager Avram Grant must wait before he learns whether he will be appointed as Portsmouth's next boss.

More...

Interesting. I think he'd keep them in the league. Their squad is better than wolves and hulls etc imo

He would probably keep them up. He is a good manager...

I'd prefer Darren Ferguson, Alan Curbishley or Steve Coppell tbh. Grant isn't proven in my opinion, sure he took Chelsea to the ECC Final, and took the title down to the last day of the season, but that was with world class players, quality finances and great staff. That's the complete opposite of Portsmouth sadly.

I'd prefer Darren Ferguson, Alan Curbishley or Steve Coppell tbh. Grant isn't proven in my opinion, sure he took Chelsea to the ECC Final, and took the title down to the last day of the season, but that was with world class players, quality finances and great staff. That's the complete opposite of Portsmouth sadly.

Yh he isnt proven, but look at scolari hes was a proven manager but failed as a Chelsea boss becuase his man management and motivation skills are terrible. Grant got the key players to perform like drogba, lampard etc which scolari couldnt. Motivation to get the player motivated is a vital stat to have with a team in portmouths position.

Sure grants a gamble but its a gamble i would take for sure. But yes your other suggestions are pretty good also.

I would love Coppell back in management. He's quite similar to Paul Hart. Good Man-mangement skills, good football and a bald head:). Grant does look the bookies favourite though:(

I'd like to see Darren Ferguson get it, but I don't think he's quite ready yet sadly. If we had better finances he could bring in his own style of players, but we don't, so it makes it even harder for him. That's why we need Alan Curbs imo.

im convinced that grant would guide them to success. he's already shown what he could do with chelsea despite the fact that the his key players did not like him in the first place. all grant needs is opportunities to prove himself ^^)

Back