Grant set to be new West Ham boss

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Avram Grant is expected to be named new West Ham manager within 48 hours, the BBC has learned.

More...

Good luck Avram, don't expect the same backing from the fans like you got here though.

West Ham fans wont be as kind as the Portsmouth fans thats for sure. And with Sullivan and Gold as chairman all i can say is good luck on putting up with them nobs!!

Hooray, finally it looks like everything is setting into place. First we secure Grant and then we start the selling and buying.

Hooray, finally it looks like everything is setting into place. First we secure Grant and then we start the selling and buying.
Any preferences on who you'd like to see at Upton Park? Realistically of course, e.g not Henry/Beckham. ;)

I don't think West Ham's squad is that weak, maybe get rid of McCarthy and bring in a decent goalscorer.

Avram Grant is a pretty good manager so I feel that with him at the helm West ham can achieve consistent Mid-table finishes and maybe even challenge for a top-ten finish one day

Avram Grant is a pretty good manager so I feel that with him at the helm West ham can achieve consistent Mid-table finishes and maybe even challenge for a top-ten finish one day

I'd say West Ham have more quality then top 10 clubs, i.e Blackburn

I'd say West Ham have more quality then top 10 clubs, i.e Blackburn
Agreed, I think the quality wasn't really utilized properly this season just gone, and plus Cole wasn't the same as the season before.

I think they've got a quality player in Diamanti, gotta keep hold of him.

I agree with u guys that they have more quality but really this season they were dissappointing under Zola hopefully Grant can change their fortunes

Any preferences on who you'd like to see at Upton Park? Realistically of course, e.g not Henry/Beckham. ;)

I'm not quite sure who exactly would be good for us and I will trusts the Davids and Grant to buy wisely but I would like to see a new CB, RB, CM and a proven and in-form striker. If we can get that and clear some **** like Kieron Dyer then I will be very happy indeed. :D

I agree with u guys that they have more quality but really this season they were dissappointing under Zola hopefully Grant can change their fortunes
Yeah, it was slightly harsh sacking him though looking back at their finishing position in 2008/2009, but Gold and Sullivan take no prisoners.

Zola wasn't the right man, he's too nice, like Southgate or McLaren, was everyone's best friend and just couldn't get the right level of discipline, the complete opposite of how I imagine Grant to manage his players.

Zola wasn't the right man, he's too nice, like Southgate or McLaren, was everyone's best friend and just couldn't get the right level of discipline, the complete opposite of how I imagine Grant to manage his players.

To be fair, McClaren is a good club manager.

To be fair, McClaren is a good club manager.

But I don't think anyone here will ever forget the atrocities he committed with England. Its hurt not seeing England in an international competition for four years..

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I think Grant is a good manager, but as a person, I've got to say I prefered Zola.

I think a lot of fans will prefer Zola as he's more a likeable person in a way, but as you can see by the reception that Grant got at Pompey, he is also really likeable quite easily, hence 'Uncle Avram' :)

Back