Graphical issues - grrrr! (Anyone able to help?!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Zebedee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2K

Zebedee

Reaction score
Well I took a break from the game and came back to it - and lordy wtf?!!!

Having never had problems before with the game, I've now got the 'players have hair but no faces', the 'floodlights have failed, can you see anything?' black pitch bug, as well as the wonderful 'match engine lags and jumps like a server filled with kiddies playing Counterstrike on 56k modems'.

What's changed? Only the graphics drivers for my X700 Sapphire card. And now the game is impossible to play.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've fiddled with the graphics card settings a bit (like since last Friday) but I've now run out of ideas on how to try and solve this. I've posted to the official forums, but judging by the threads on this issue, they aren't replying about this problem (delete cache for the face problem, urm, yeah, done that and it ain't working then silence).

I could roll back the drivers but that would be the ultimate last option as I have an application which requires the latest drivers and it would mean I can't do any work and play FM at the same time.

Ho-hum.

Thanks in advance for suggestions from those who have fixed similar problems or who have seen solutions for this issue actually work, ****, thanks in advance for wild shots in the dark re. graphics card settings (anti-aliasing off doesn't work, and I have it set for optimal performance anyways),

Zeb

I have no suggestions but the same thing has happened me on the hair face front yet it only happen to certain regen players.

Trying uninstalling then restalling it [Take the Games Folder and place it in a seperate part of documents to keep your save]

Thanks mate, but I'm reluctant to start playing the 'install/reinstall' game as I got my Fm via Steam...

Thanks mate, but I'm reluctant to start playing the 'install/reinstall' game as I got my Fm via Steam...

Don't worry it happens to all of us it is just a glitch I guess as at one point it will only show a hair and no face and then it will be shown the whole head...so nothing to worry about..

i know how to solve the dodgy regen face thing. if you go on prefrences in the display&sound section tick the "always reload skin on confirm box" and press confirm. the regens faces should be back. good luck with the other problems.

Cheers lads. Eventually I decided to roll back my driver to the previous version. Just very, very frustrating. SI haven't bothered to answer complaints about the issue which is even more infuriating!

mate im sure si hav more important things to worry about than sumin simple like that. how bout praisin them for creatin such a class game !

Something simple like that? oO)

It's not something simple to someone who knows nothing about PC's.

Stop ********, you should congratulate him for fixing the problem himself rather than saying him asking SI for help was pointless.

mate im sure si hav more important things to worry about than sumin simple like that. how bout praisin them for creatin such a class game !

I'd class people being unable to play the game as quite a pressing issue for them to fix ;) It sounds simple because I was eventually able to figure out the cause of my problem, but days of fiddling with graphics card settings for a widely used graphics card which should play the game with ease is really not much fun :)

Now I can go back to griping about more mundane bugs like the long term playability of management careers :D

Something simple like that? oO)

It's not something simple to someone who knows nothing about PC's.

Stop ********, you should congratulate him for fixing the problem himself rather than saying him asking SI for help was pointless.

Tosspot !! Did i say it was pointless askin SI for help ?? all i sed was dnt slate them as without them we wudnt b talkin rite now !! "Stop ********" !! lol. yea ok mate!! Behave son ffs !

You said they have got more important things to be worrying about, I agree with Zebedee, someone not being able to play the game is/should be top of their priorities, whatever the reason they can't play, so don't disrespect him for posting his problem and saying SI should help with more serious issues before his own.

Calm the language down too eh?

But I agree, without them we wouldn't be talking, but to be fair, he wasn't slating them, he was just saying they should check their forums or help the people who purchase their game ASAP rather than waiting weeks to help people. Also, without this forum their would be thousands of people still unable to play.. So thankyou FMB!

Tosspot !! Did i say it was pointless askin SI for help ?? all i sed was dnt slate them as without them we wudnt b talkin rite now !! "Stop ********" !! lol. yea ok mate!! Behave son ffs !

Seriously, grow up a bit and realise that they make money doing this game so it should at least be completely functional. Yes they made a good game but it also has errors so Zebedee has every right to find it irritating.

you have anger problems.

Just wanted to apologise for last nights rantin. a row wit the mrs and 6 pints down the club bein the cause. Sorry folks, wnt happen again. im not usually like that !! sorry again.

Back