Sumbriva

Reaction score
Hey guys,

my game seems to have a graphic bug/problem in the line-up graphics. Both in the tactics window and in the line-up screen before a match the players are only displayed as black squares with their jersey numbers on them instead of the regular graphic.
View attachment 427224

I have facepacks, kits, 3d kits and logos (all downloaded from sortitoutsi) installed and apart from this everything works perfectly. I even deleted all the kits and reloaded the skin but the bug was still there. so it seems it has nothing to do with the downloaded kits.

anyone knows this bug? knows how to resolve it?
oh and I play on a mac if that helps.

cheers!

Hello,

Have you deleted (or moved) all of your custom skins? If you have done, then do this:

For Windows: In your FM menu, go to "Preferences" and switch the tab to "Interface", click on "Clear Cache", and change your skin to "Football Manager". Then mark/tick "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences".

I don't know how to operate that in Mac but I believe it is similar.

The problem you have has something to do with custom skins (menu appearances, jersey/kits packs, field, etc).

If the problem still occurs, your original skins probably had overwritten by the custom skins, all you have to do is getting back the original file by asking your friends who play FM on Mac or re-installing it.

Hope it works,
thanks.

Hey, thanks for your reply.

This is still the standard skin, I haven't used a custom skin and it's not because of the downloaded kits. Even after uninstalling them and reloading skin and deleting the cache, it's still the same...

Hello,

If your Mac has local and semi-external video card, try to change the game rendering mode (Preferences > Interface). Change GPU Assisted to Software. Then apply your changes and try to look at your tactics selection again.

If the problem still persist, try to restart your game.

Hope it helps,
thanks.

Yes! This did the trick. Thank you so much!

View attachment 426998

In the preferences it says that only the gpu assisted rendering mode supports certain animations. Do you know by any chance what sort of animations those are? In the match engine? Cool other features in the normal game mode?
I mean if it's really such a disadvantage to use the software mode I might be able to live with the black squares... :D

Hello,

I'm glad that it solved your problem.

There is no extra animations in the match engine or anywhere either, you just lose the 'smoothness' of animation which is not changing the look too way much, or simply, not important. (e.g. Field and Players lighting, anti-aliasing, etc). So don't worry, it doesn't affect much to your game.

FM provides their users with both graphic support options (GPU assisted & Software) because this game is playable through every kind of Windows, Mac, and Linux computer regardless of those specification.

They put the gameplay as the more important aspect than the graphics. :)

Happy playing! :)

That's unfortunately not true, though. I played a bit yesterday and I noticed that all animated features in the manager mode (not match engine) are now static. For example the week simulation overlay window is now static and not animated anymore. (So no animated, dynamic popups and shifting etc.) And the watch is now another (static) symbol. (Also visible in the simulation periods between highlights in the match engine)

These don't give you a disadvantage in any way, though. So no problem so far. And I haven't noticed any other missing animations, yet. But there might be others.

Hello,

Yes, you found some differences at the menu interfaces. A real disadvantage for this is only when you are going to "Browse" the game while the game itself running the days, you have to click it for several times quickly to interfere the days.

Let me know if you find some feature disadvantages.

Thanks! :D