• Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K

Ryia

Reaction score

Saturday 28th May
Wembley Stadium
Barcelona Beat Manchester United 3 - 1 in the Champions League Final

"
I'm so proud of my team, I honestly didn't think we could win this competition two years in a row, especially when I saw we had Manchester United in the final again! Luckily history has repeated itself and we have won again, even though I have to admit I thought Sir Alex Ferguson's men would have put up more of a fight, especially as were here at Wembley. I thought Manchester United would have perhaps felt stronger here in England, if I was their manager I would be very upset at the way they played as I felt they were lacklustre although the nerves probably got to them too. I am not taking anything away from my team however and David, Lionel and Pedro scored some great goals for us tonight. It truely has been a remarkable night and I am just so very proud of my team.

I love working for this club and have done so ever since I was bought into the club in 1990. Christ, that feels ages ago... and well I guess it is now, where does the time go. Sometimes I wonder if I could of perhaps done all I can for the club. I love Barcelona and I don't want to change the fortunes of the club with my very presence. Sometimes managers create success and then fail to live up to that success. People always criticise the fact that I only sign one year contract extensions but that is beacsue it is in the best interest of all parties. If I become stale and bad for the club then they can get rid of me sooner rather than later and there will be no large pay off. Likewise If I feel I have lost control or am being undermined then I can leave at the earliest opportunity too.

So this summer I really have to start thinking about my career. I could stay at Barcelona, the club I have such love for, or I could leave and try my fortunes somewhere else. The summer break is going to have me full of thought.

Tonight though I am going to enjoy the win and celebrate with my players".

scaled.php

Please comment and let me know what you think. Have got some great idea's for this.

Last edited:
Back