[Guide] The Charlton Athletic Team Guide 2010 - Addickted4Life

LGFIRE

Reaction score
The Charlton Athletic Team Guide 2010

Club Information

Nation: England
Chairman Status: Happy to stay
Legends: Sam Bartram, Jimmy Seed, Derek Hales, Alan Curbishley
Icons: Mark Kinsella, Chris Powell, Richard Rufus, Clive Mendonca, John Robinson, Richard Murray, Steve Brown, Keith Peacock, Dean Kiely, Graham Stuart, Peter Varney
Favoured Personnel: Darren Bent
Fierce Rivals: Crystal Palace
Other Rivals: Millwall, West Ham
Finances: OK
Average Ticket Price £17.00
Average Season Ticket Price: £300
Season Ticket Holders: 10000

Staff

Phil Parkinson - Manager
Tim Breacker - Assistant Manager
Mark Kinsella - 1st Team Coach
Damien Matthew - Coach
Lee Smelt - Goalkeeping Coach
Andy Woodman - Goalkeeping Coach
Nick Davies - Fitness Coach
Steve Gritt - Youth Coach

Scouts and Physios to come at a later date.

Players

Rob Elliot - GK - Good young 'keeper with a bright future. Should be first choice at the start of your game, however should you get promoted in the first year, you may consider replacing him for the Championship.

Darren Randolph - GK - Another good young goalie, however not as reliant as Rob Elliot, should be your substitute 'keeper and one for the cup games. He is still a good player.

Frazer Richardson - D R - Reliant defender who is also good at getting forward and supporting attacks. Just signed for the club from Leeds for free, so should not be sold in the first season. Would also do a good job in the Championship, should be your first choice D R.

Sam Sodje - D RC - Good, solid defender, you can always rely on this guy to stop the balls coming in to your box. Good experience in the Championship with Reading and Charlton, so definitely keep. Should be in you first team.

Christian Dailly - D RC/DM/M C - Very experienced defender, provides good cover as he can play in multiple positions. Worth keeping for the first year, after that you may consider letting him go. Can be in the first team, however there is some competition for D C.

Grant Basey - D L - Good prospect for the future, 2nd choice behind Youga in the team, however can be pushing for a place and can easily slot in with minimal effect. A definite keep for years to come.

Kelly Youga - D LC, WB L - Fantastic player, can play in the center of defence with the same ability as he has on the left. Good at getting forward and a good dribbler of the ball. Should be 1st choice D L, also has experience in the Championship.

Miguel Llera - D C - Big, solid defender. Good in the air and a wicked left foot from free kicks. Has the ability to provide David Beckham-esque cross field balls from defence to attack in one pass. Between him and Dailly for the 2nd D C position.

Jose Semedo - D C, DM, M C - Good player with 2 years experience with the club in the Championship. Can play equally as well in midfield or a holding player as he can in the center of defence. Also has some experience playing at right back.

Nicky Bailey - M RLC - Club captain, very very very good player for this level, and the Championship as well. Top scorer in 2008/2009 season with 12 goals. Best played on the left wing in my opinion, but there is not much difference in his performance when played in the middle or on the right of midfield.

Therry Racon - M C - Very good midfielder with a good passing ability. Could be considered for vice captain. Very good from free-kicks and can also play as a holding midfielder.

Matt Spring - M C - Brilliant at long shots, a good leader, and generally a good player. Can also play on the left wing, and on the right, but with a cost to his performance. Best played as an out and out central midfielder, as this way his passing can influence the game more.

Lloyd Sam - AM R - Fast, skillful, and a great passer of the ball. Very reliant on the right wing, but can also play as well on the left hand side. Has some youth experience playing up front, but I would not risk it.

Luke Holden - AM L, ST - Good young winger, on loan from Rhyl until january. Worth signing permanently as he has a bright future ahead of him. Bags of potential and is a good impact player off the bench. Quite low down in the pecking order for AM L, but can do the job if needed.

Leon Mckenzie - AM L, ST - Good experienced striker with lots of ability. However with competition for places up front, he could be a substitute. Signed on deadline day this season, and has plenty of Championship experience so can pull you out of this division.

Jonjo Shelvey - AM C - Jonjo is a good player for his age, and has the potential to make it big in the Premier League, so don't for the love of god sell him. For the first 3 seasons, you shouldn't take any less than £5m for him, no matter your financial situation. Can do the business in the first team, but be careful not to over work him, keep in mind he is only 17.

Deon Burton - ST - Good, experienced and fast striker. Just what you need for this division. Not known for his goal scoring, but his strength and ability allows him to provide well for his striker partner, Can play as a lone striker, but you must be able to get other players forward on attacks as he sometimes can get crowded out.

Izale Mcleod - ST - Not had the best of starts with Charlton, but League 1 is his chance to prove his £1.1m price tag. Likes to move about the pitch, and can chase balls well. Has a good finish on him as well.

Recommended Team

Elliot
Richardson---Dailly---Sogje---Youga
Sam-----Racon-----Spring-----Bailey
Burton-----Mcleod
Players To Sell
I have drawn the conclusion that these players listed can all be sold without significantly affecting the quality of the squad, it was very hard. Players marked with an asterix are not mentioned in the guide because they are in the reserve squad and won't make it into the first team any time soon.

• Grant Basey
  • Matt Spring
  • Chris Dickson*
  • Dean Sinclair*
  • Luke Holden (Terminate his Loan)
  • Scott Wagstaff*

Promotion should be easy in the first season, but it is how you handle the Championship which will decide how the fans see you, do remember this is a team who as little as 5 years ago finished 7th in the Premier League. You have £0 budget to start, so do look for the ever important freebies and loan signings. I hope you all play with Charlton at some point.

All names in this thread will be changed to hyperlinks linking you to a picture of the players stats, this will be done by next week as I a at my Dad's this weekend.

This is not my guide i found it here:
http://www.fmstyle.co.uk/forums/fm10-guides/2672-charlton-athletic-team-guide-2010-a.html
So all credit goes to the owner, i was jst posting it here to help people :D

This guide is not the best. I would be inclined to sell Shelvey for £1.5M+ if the offer is made because the club desperately need money. I would sell all wide players as Charlton play best centrally on the game.

This guide is not the best. I would be inclined to sell Shelvey for £1.5M+ if the offer is made because the club desperately need money. I would sell all wide players as Charlton play best centrally on the game.

Jonjo Shelvey is there best player. I would say only sell for £7mill+