• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 551

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal fear that both Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy could leave the club this summer, BBC Sport understands.

More...

if you don't want to play for the club, gtfo (unless your names Fabregas)

Yawn. They won't go, how long ago did the Fabregas rumour start? And where is he now? Still here.

If Clichy did go, is Baines available, and at what kind of price?

They're not losses Arsenal can't absorb. Clichy is a decent LB but they have (an admittedly dangerously close to being classed as injury-prone) Gibbs, and have young attackers like Lansbury and Miyaichi (fail spelling, I know) coming through to replace Nasri. What they can't afford is other senior players seeing this and wanting to follow them out of the club.

Clichy is a liability anyway. They'd do well to replace him while he holds some value.

As for Nasri, well, there's no denying his quality, and he is one of the few Arsenal players willing to take on a shot outside of the box. They ought to try their best to keep this one, in my opinion.

Clichy is a good leftback whose career has stalled. He has a couple of games a season currently where he reminds everyone that he is actually very decent before then sinking back into mediocrity as he helps prop up whatever centre back pairing Wenger throws out for the rest of the season.

£5m for him is dirt cheap (just for reference - £4m for Paul Konchesky the Hodge had us pay). He'll cost more wherever he goes. But can't see Arsenal letting him move to another top six/seven team unless they pay well over whatever they can get for selling him abroad. If we get him for £5m, it's a bargain. I reckon he'd kick on again in a decent well drilled back four with a commanding keeper.

Back