half season good, change nothing then can't win?

Reaction score
has anyone experience a total drop off of performance after about the first half of the season? I am using Real Madrid. My 2 favorite tactics are 4-2-3-1 and 4-1DM-2-2-1. I usually play short passing, retain possession, pass into space, work ball into the box, hassle and tight marking. I play Ronaldo as an IF. I started with a 14-1-1 record. After the tactics became fluid, I wouldn't be able to beat a high school soccer team. I just don't understand. I am applying the same principles as I did when I started. I couldn't win if the other team forfeited now. anyone experience this?

You cant use the same tactic throughout the game expecting the same results, there are many factors to why your team stops performing, in some ways it could be the fact that the opposition know your tactics and can outplay them

No, they don't learn your tactics but they will play more cautious when you have got great results and the have been performing bad.
Here, its important to have a look at your approach. Whilst your general approach looks like one that could stretch defensive opponents, it might still be that your front men gets isolated. How attacking are they, are they taking their run Into channels in vain as there are now no space to exploit ?

That's the tactic side. Now, it can be down to many reasons. The players might be out of form, be exhausted due to too lite rotation in the squad, being compacent from winning etc. Here, its important to tell them that you expect more and that there is no toom cor this . But once the damage is done, you have got Into a slump, to be a good man in a crisis.