aaronmorrsi

Reaction score
This challenge is one of the first I started in FM16 and wanted to see if I could actually do it this time around.
The aim of the challenge is to become top of the nation Hall of Fame which would make you the best manager of all time in that nation and you are not allowed to leave the nation until you are top of the hall of fame.
I like to start this challenge in Asia so I opened all of the Asian leagues and try and find a job and only two teams came back to offer me a job.
View attachment 29111
I decided to go with Selangor as they are in the top league in Malaysia and are expected to come 5th in the league which could be the perfect start to our challenge of winning the league.
View attachment 29110
So to become top of the hall of fame in Malaysia this is how many points I need to get.
View attachment 29109
51 points is not a lot to get but it will mean I will need to focus on a few cups to get this done nice and fast otherwise it is going to be 4 league wins as they give 15 points each.
I shall update at the beginning of each new season and see how I have managed.​

End of Season 1
We started of this save with Selangor a team who were predicted to come 5th in the Malaysian Super League but not long after taking over the club my star striker was out injured for 3 months for dislocating his shoulder.
View attachment 29069
Because of this we failed to win our three opening games but after that went on a 7 game unbeaten run but only managed two wins which had us in the relagation spots. We then lost to the bottom two sides in the league which caused me to look for a new striker asap and I found one and he actually helped as our next two games were against the top two sides in the league and we won both allowing me to get Manager of the month for June. I actually thought things were going well as in July we played 7 games won 2 drew 3 and lost 2 but because we lost 4-0 on the final game of the season the board decided it was time for me to go even though I did what they asked and avoided relagation.
View attachment 29068
I have never been fired while doing this challenge and because I have never seen this challege attempted by anyone else I am going to make a new rule of if you get fired then you can restart in a different league if you have still got 0 points in the hall of fame of the nation. This is a good thing for me as hopefully now I have got some experience I might be able to get a better job in a different nation.
This is my new team in a new league.
View attachment 29067
Tampines are in the Singapore Premier League and have came 2nd for the last 3 years but this year they are struggling as they are currently in 7th. So hopefully I have came into a team with a great squad that wont need much changing just a good manager to make the difference to them winning the league.
The hall of fame is going to take some time to beat, this is because the league only gives 12 points per win and and 5 for winning the main cup in the league. With Richard Bok being the current leader of the table with 62 points I am going to need at least 4 years to be able to beat him but I am going to give myself an aim of 7 years to do this. I am giving myself this long because it is very unlikely that I am going to be able to win both the league and the cup every year.
I shall update at the end of the year.​

So First season with Tampines is over and how did I manage to do?
Well we didnt get fired which is a good start but we didnt win the league which is what the board wanted from us. We did manage to keep the record of coming second in the league up. This has made it 4 years in a row where this team has came 2nd, but we managed it from being 7th when I took over. However it is not all dome and gloom as we have finally got ourselves some points on the hall of fame. We managed this by winning the Singapore Cup. I havent actually gotten into the hall of fame yet but I have 6 points to my name which is great.
View attachment 29059
We were 1st in the league right up till the final day where we lost due to a draw against Home on the second last game of the season.
View attachment 29058
View attachment 29057
Since I took over the team, in the 13 games we played we lost once drew four times and won eight which is a great record to have and which I hope continues onto the next season were we can finally win the league for the first time 6 years.
View attachment 29056

Second Season down
Last season I managed to get the team to 2nd and win the Singapore cup giving us a massive 6 points in the hall of fame total. This time around things are a lot better as we have not only managed to keep hold of the cup giving us another 6 points but we also managed to break the streak of coming second for four years in a row and win the league for the first time in 6 years. This has been great for the hall of fame as we currently sit on 23 points and in 6th place but the main man himself Richard Bok is sitting in first with 62 so will take some time to overtake him.
View attachment 28866
View attachment 28874
View attachment 28865
For the upcoming season I have decided to let go 15 players, this is because almost all of them were awful and asking to get first team football but no where near good enough to get it. So I didnt renew their contract and kept only 14 players from the group of players I started with this released a lot of wage budget which will allow us to get better players in and hopefully keep hold of the league and hopefully travel a little bit more in the champions league and get some prize money.